A Few Pics at Middlewich Before the Rain

Featured Posts

38 minutes ago, The Welsh Cruiser said:

I'm there myself. Good range of bands on but given that it's 'boat and folk' a bit more for boaters, a boat jumble or something, might go down well.

Yes maybe. It is a shame that the weather is so dire given the effort that people have made. We have enjoyed it though, and bumped into a few people that we know from over the years.
Hope you enjoy the weekend.

When we came through Middlewich it looked like it was going to be a good event and it is such a shame if it was wet. After a lovely morning heavy rain started when we were at Anderton about mid day and it continued for a while. Lovely evening now in Stockton heath 

Haggis 

1 minute ago, haggis said:

When we came through Middlewich it looked like it was going to be a good event and it is such a shame if it was wet. After a lovely morning heavy rain started when we were at Anderton about mid day and it continued for a while. Lovely evening now in Stockton heath 

Haggis 

Yes hasn't made a bad evening at Middlewich after it rained for a few hours. We were at Stockton Heath last week, a place we really like. We are likely moving off in the morning slowly towards Chester. Hoping for a dry one! 

The thunderstorm today were a potential end to the festival but almost everybody just carried on. We are trading down by the Big Lock (sadly soon to become an upmarket cocktail bar). Music here is mostly pub rock and wedding bands but a couple of them were quite good. Every one does alright now and Freebird. Highlight for me was two blokes on acoustic guitars plus female singer doing the entire Dark Side of the Moon.

Trading was a bit slow so have not got rich but it was a good self financing drinking weekend :)

..............Dave

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, zenataomm said:

I bet that doesn't challenge the BSC at all.

Also how do they satisfy the need to register as a food supplier with the appropriate local authorities/environmental health every time they move?

Hopefully they don't need to do that. With luck, the powers that be understand that the key to human happiness isn't regulating everything out of existence.

• Haha 1

On 15/06/2019 at 19:51, The Welsh Cruiser said:

I'm there myself. Good range of bands on but given that it's 'boat and folk' a bit more for boaters, a boat jumble or something, might go down well.

I agree. And perhaps more folk! The change of name to the FAB Festival indicates to me that both folk and boat were being sidelined.

3 hours ago, The Welsh Cruiser said:

Hopefully they don't need to do that. With luck, the powers that be understand that the key to human happiness isn't regulating everything out of existence.

I'll remember that the next time I'm asked to produce a bit of paper or explain what I'm doing or not doing … or should have done