Wood you do it this way?

Opener

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, cuthound said:

Looks like they let the guide dog  rather than the blind man, paint the ceiling, judging from the amount of dripped yellow paint on the walls. ?

Pollocks

27 minutes ago, cuthound said:

Looks like they let the guide dog  rather than the blind man, paint the ceiling, judging from the amount of dripped yellow paint on the walls. ?

Going for that freshly sneezed look. 

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Opener said:

Wood store 2019.jpg

I'd quite like that as a way of storing spit logs onboard. Very space-saving. But it would have to be secured to a bulkhead and even then the logs might go flying if the boat hits a lock wall or you're on a tidal river.

Edited by blackrose

Just now, blackrose said:

even then the logs might go flying if the boat hits a lock wall or you're on a tidal river.

They might, I think tucking them behind the front edges of the cabinet is meant to prevent that

Richard

1 minute ago, RLWP said:

They might, I think tucking them behind the front edges of the cabinet is meant to prevent that

Richard

Yes I thought that might work, or it might not. Depends how much the boat is bouncing around or how heavily it impacts a wall.

11 minutes ago, RLWP said:

Richard

Sticks are pretty rough, would there not be enough friction to keep them more or less in place. I wouldn't want to push my luck with a whole unsecured wall but I imagine you could get away with some stacked well.  But if they did fall that would be quite a clatter. 

Edited by Tumshie

44 minutes ago, cuthound said:

Funny you should mention that but they said that they were out of custard the day I took the piccy???

• Haha 1

Just now, Tumshie said:

I quite like this steampunk look but I'm not sure how practical it would be on a boat. 

iu.jpeg

Pretty annoying I would guess. It works perfectly as long as your logs are 2" longer than the distance between the pipes. Any shorter and they will fall out the side

Richard

1 minute ago, RLWP said:

Pretty annoying I would guess. It works perfectly as long as your logs are 2" longer than the distance between the pipes. Any shorter and they will fall out the side

Richard

Well yes quite. ?