Cratch covers and canopies at Nantwich

Philip

Featured Posts

Is there a reason why this company don't make cockpit canopies for cruisers? I've just tried them about a new canopy after several recommendations and have to say I'm disappointed to say the least with the response - "we don't deal with cruisers like that" (they haven't seen a photo of the boat yet). Why only narrowboats?  I can't see how it is such a big difference.

I posted this in an old thread just further down, but felt it deserves its own thread, so could a mod delete my post in the old thread please?

Edited by Philip

9 minutes ago, haggis said:

Maybe the fixings are different for a steel boat? 

Haggis 

I can't see it being too much trouble for them to alter the design just to allow the canopy to fix into windscreen fittings! Amtrim near Preston can cater for narrowboats and cruisers, so why not these? And besides they didn't give this or any reason. It's their loss but I found it poor form from them.

Edited by Philip

We needed a couple of repairs to our cover. Called Nantwich Covers or whatever their name, told him what I needed, all he could say was its needs to be clean and dry. I won't touch it if it isn't. Our cover is reasonably dry and clean. He didn't get my money. Wrong attitude for me.

On 13/06/2019 at 16:17, Philip said:

Is there a reason why this company don't make cockpit canopies for cruisers? I've just tried them about a new canopy after several recommendations and have to say I'm disappointed to say the least with the response - "we don't deal with cruisers like that" (they haven't seen a photo of the boat yet). Why only narrowboats?  I can't see how it is such a big difference.

I posted this in an old thread just further down, but felt it deserves its own thread, so could a mod delete my post in the old thread please?

Maybe they just dont want to? If their business model works for them and doesnt include what you want but they continue in business thats for them to decide. In our busy caff we never EVER did poached eggs, scrambled, fried, yes but never poached.

• Greenie 2

6 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Maybe they just dont want to? If their business model works for them and doesnt include what you want but they continue in business thats for them to decide. In our busy caff we never EVER did poached eggs, scrambled, fried, yes but never poached. 

They could at least indicate on the website to save people wasting their time emailing or ringing up. And with what Nightwatch has also said about them above, it seems to indicate a lack of professionalism (putting it mildly), rather than which business model does and doesn't work.

Edited by Philip

Did you have a sign up making customers aware of this, or the limited options on the menu, or did you just tell people when asked?

But did you do boiled eggs? ;)

3 hours ago, Richard10002 said:

Did you have a sign up making customers aware of this, or the limited options on the menu, or did you just tell people when asked?

We did full english brekky with fried eggs at he last place but if asked with scrambled but never ever with poached.

3 hours ago, catweasel said:

But did you do boiled eggs? ;)

Noooooooooooooooooooo way!! :D