Dispose of old oil

bmp

Featured Posts

Afternoon everyone..

Just a quick question...

I know I can get rid of my old engine oil in the local council recycling centre but I was just thinking about how to do this.

Do they have somewhere to pour the old oil into or do you have to leave it there in containers?

Sorry if that is a stupid question !!

BMP

1 minute ago, cheshire~rose said:

Depending where you are The Oil Boat takes waste oil 

It will be around Great Haywood area.  

Thanks for that.  I have my car so can drive to the recycle centre in Stafford or Rugely.

I got great satisfaction from doing my oil change on at least one occasion moored near bridge 74 on the outskirts of Milton Keynes, and then walking with the old oil to the recycling centre just down the road from the bridge. I think you’re not technically supposed to walk in, but I’ve been there on foot a few times and no-one has stopped me.  And there, you tip the oil into a huge container.  It was being emptied on one visit, by a tanker with a pump.

• Greenie 1

54 minutes ago, cheshire~rose said:

You are on Swift's usual round:

https://www.facebook.com/TheOilBoat/

If you fancy supporting a boat based business then give him a call and find out when he will be in your area 

Timing is good this weekend.  I have already bought my new oil.

Is taking the old oil something that he is interested in? I will gladly use his services if he will take the old oil.

I will keep a note of his facebook page for future use.  Thanks for that.

Yes he takes used oil and get's it recycled properly. He is licensed to take it.

Have a think whether you might need to top up your supply of stern grease or anything else as he is passing tp pick up the oil and, if you make contact with him this time, you will know where yu can get your oil from next time.

This is a boat based business that offers a really useful service to boaters. I wish it were on our patch!

• Greenie 1

43 minutes ago, cheshire~rose said:

Yes he takes used oil and get's it recycled properly. He is licensed to take it.

Have a think whether you might need to top up your supply of stern grease or anything else as he is passing tp pick up the oil and, if you make contact with him this time, you will know where yu can get your oil from next time.

This is a boat based business that offers a really useful service to boaters. I wish it were on our patch!

Thanks...

I will see what he has and stock up for next time.  Thanks again for the info.

6 minutes ago, Chris Williams said:

I used to use it for rusty paddle gear, but I suppose that is wrong now, like so much else.

I wouldn't worry, I mended the busted lock on our sanitary station door 10 years ogo with a strip of Meccano and its still there in all its glory despite the building being done up, painted, retiled ect.

• Haha 1