A cautionary tale - and cratch quality

Tickmc

Featured Posts

Hi,

When a fellow boater recommended I best not moor beneath a large (fire-damaged) willow, I should probably have heeded his advice, lol.

However, the good news is that no-one died nor was injured. The tree came down in the night in a storm while I was asleep. Still stuck after lots of branches removed but I managed to twist myself out by steering hard right with high revs, and the tree fell off into the river.

The other good news was that the cratch board and cover (by Kinver Canopies) was robust enough the hold the weight of the tree without damage, which was quite the surprise.

Anyway, lesson learned ?

- Mike

IMG_20190611_064851.jpg

14 minutes ago, Tickmc said:

Hi MP,

Yes, I have seen those - and they appear very flimsy indeed.

The Boards and A frame used by Kinver are hardwood and solid as a rock.

- Mike

Hi

Nice to know everything is ok.  We actually do both the 3/4" Ali frame and the solid hardwood.  Both have their uses.  Stopping a tree crushing you should not really be put on the list if at all possible!  :)

Again glad you are ok.  

4 hours ago, Tickmc said:

Hi,

When a fellow boater recommended I best not moor beneath a large (fire-damaged) willow, I should probably have heeded his advice, lol.

However, the good news is that no-one died nor was injured. The tree came down in the night in a storm while I was asleep. Still stuck after lots of branches removed but I managed to twist myself out by steering hard right with high revs, and the tree fell off into the river.

The other good news was that the cratch board and cover (by Kinver Canopies) was robust enough the hold the weight of the tree without damage, which was quite the surprise.

Anyway, lesson learned ?

- Mike

IMG_20190611_064851.jpg

Wow.

That's an Impressive failure, I admit I would have run a mile from mooring under that, glad your alright