Another leak?

haggis

Featured Posts

On 12/06/2019 at 12:32, hider said:

The world is full of no nowts today. Wet Wednesday, Thundering Thursday to come followed by flood Friday. Who asked you?

If you want to publicly name & shame others on a public forum then you've got to expect some feedback from more knowledgeable people who know how to moor properly.

Boats move, get used to it.

Edited by blackrose

On 12/06/2019 at 09:52, hider said:

Thanks for reporting, at the moment we have plenty of water.

Unfortunately I must name and shame Kelpie.   Yes, it was raining quite hard when you passed me moored yesterday afternoon on  the branch but your stoic forward looking stance did little to excuse the excessive speed and wash. And it is not as though I was the only boat moored there at the time.

I thought we were allowed to go at least 2 knots faster in heavy rain.

Just now, Dr Bob said:

I thought we were allowed to go at least 2 knots faster in heavy rain.

:)
Not sure about that, but sometimes you have to give it a bit more diesel if it is very windy. I have been chastised for passing people a little faster than I normally would in these conditions. I usually look at my watch and shout back the current time to them.  Other times I look down and  pretend that I have a speedometer and shout back a made-up speed such as 2mph. If I am in a bad mood with a hangover I tell them that I will let the effing thing blow into them next time. If all else fails I set the wife on them.