That's not a boat!

TheBiscuits

Featured Posts

Fantastic. Same age as my dad and his mates. They're still up for the canals but can't imagine them, me or you thinking it would be a laugh to get in that bateau for so long regardless of where it was floating.  Hat is off and double respect; yep the cool dude had to be French!

• Greenie 1

In 1990 Springer built a bottle-shaped boat which crossed the Atlantic, though I don't know how many crew and how much support it had. I think the skipper was an ex-S.A.S. soldier.

Edited by Athy

No sail or deep keel so prob won't draw too much even if it weighs a few tons. Don't think he could get away with 'portable unpowered' licence though where ‘the Boat’s normal crew can, without mechanical help, launch the Boat and take it out of the water'.

Oh hang on, he's a 72 yr old ex para and transatlantic adventurer, maybe he could portage round the locks, dragging the thing out with one hand, a book by Sartre in the other.

2 hours ago, Athy said:

In 1990 Springer built a bottle-shaped boat which crossed the Atlantic, though I don't know how many crew and how much support it had. I think the skipper was an ex-S.A.S. soldier.

I looked over that when it was on display in the Earl's Court boat show. The chap said he did the trip alone and unsupported.

• Greenie 1