Rain!

haggis

Featured Posts

14 minutes ago, Jennifer McM said:

? Had a lovely window of fine weather this morning from bottom of Atherstone Locks to Pooley Park, it was t-shirt time :) 

But now.... :( 

Could that be because cut the grass ?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, cuthound said:

Has the leaky aqueduct over the main road near you sealed itself yet?

No, leaking as bad as it was when they re-watered. A small cascade on the far side about 3ft out from the gutter.

My concern is for winter when it all freezes, last year was mild fortunately. All the brickwork in the arch is soaked, freezing will do severe damage and the road will be lethal with the ice and hanging icicles.

C&RT are "monitoring it".

They have stopped talking to Sam  or answering his emails .

Similarly they have chosen to ignore the rocks still in the new section on the off side which threatened to rip the bottom off his boat when he had to move over for an oncoming boat.

• Greenie 1

6 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

Did we pass. By each other?

Today? I'm pretty sure we didn't while we were moving. We had to stop to deliver some solar panels :) and then we spent some time being busy at the sani... so might have missed you then?

Did you pass Auriga the coal boat?

Edited by Jennifer McM

4 minutes ago, Jennifer McM said:

Today? I'm pretty sure we didn't while we were moving. We had to stop to deliver some solar panels :) and then we spent some time being busy at the sani...

Did you pass Auriga the coal boat?

No,no not today. Possibly a few days ago. We are in Rugby now. Just been casually, too casually, looking out for you.

General observation. Sunny spells getting more frequent. Rain heavy but short lived. Is it a sign??

Edited by Nightwatch

1 minute ago, Nightwatch said:

No,no not today. Possibly a few days ago. We are in Rugby now. Just been casually, too casually, looking out for you.

We've only escaped on Tuesday after being out of water last week for blacking at Springwood Haven... I bet you snook passed then?

14 minutes ago, Jennifer McM said:

We've only escaped on Tuesday after being out of water last week for blacking at Springwood Haven... I bet you snook passed then?

Yes we may well have done. We stopped there for pumpout and a little shop. I like Springwood Haven. A prominent forum member used to moor there some years ago. I mentioned him whilst there and they remembered him and the boat. 

• Greenie 1

24 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

A prominent forum member used to moor there some years ago. I mentioned him whilst there and they remembered him and the boat. 

Could have been Athy... ;)

1 hour ago, cuthound said:

Managed to find a dry window between 2:00pm & 3:00pm to cut the grass ?

I cut ours an hour ago. Now it’s bucketing it down again. 

46 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Could have been Athy... ;)

I cut ours an hour ago. Now it’s bucketing it down again. 

We have had loads of rain this week......... the ground is dry enough to lie on. Chalk.

13 hours ago, Nightwatch said:

. I like Springwood Haven. A prominent forum member used to moor there some years ago. I mentioned him whilst there and they remembered him and the boat. 

Not sue that I am prominent, except perhaps my tummy, but we did indeed moor there for several years, though that was before we had 'Trojan'. But we have had 'Trojan's annual engine service done there two or three times (last time was in 2016, I think) so they (Kevin the chief fitter?) may recall it from then.

1 hour ago, Athy said:

Not sue that I am prominent, except perhaps my tummy, but we did indeed moor there for several years, though that was before we had 'Trojan'. But we have had 'Trojan's annual engine service done there two or three times (last time was in 2016, I think) so they (Kevin the chief fitter?) may recall it from then.

I mentioned Trojan, and your previous boat. They are aware of both, obviously for the reason you mention. I find it 'nice' that people I know are known by others, that I don't know.

(was prominent the incorrect term? Does it mean summat else?)

To remain in topic, it's not raining yet!

Edited by Nightwatch

5 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

I mentioned Trojan, and your previous boat. They are aware of both, obviously for the reason you mention. I find it 'nice' that people I know are known by others, that I don't know.

(was prominent the incorrect term? Does it mean summat else?)

No, it was correct - it can mean leading or important (which I am not) or sticky-outy (which my tummy tends to be, despite my changing from sugar to sweetners in my coffee!)

Grovel time. Matter of opinion. Mike, you are a respected member of the management appreciated by many if not all contributors on the forum. (That will get a reaction of some sort I reckon)

I saw a picture of a chap who had a 'six pack' tattooed on his prominent tummy. It was a top view with the ringpulls visible. Quite funny I thought.

• Haha 1

From mooring on Friday, to this morning, and having a relatively dry 24hrs, the Coventry looks to be over an inch down. Just enough to get us stuck on something massive under the water where we were moored. 

With grateful thanks to a couple walking their dog, the boater moored behind us, and two passing boats, one hooked our bow line, and the other came along side and took our stern line, we budged free!

Thank you to all three boaters.... so glad the owners of 'Rehab' were in Rehab! ??

On 14/06/2019 at 17:10, MoominPapa said:

It won't settle, definitely a southern sort of city.

MP.

Last time it tried it went on the lash with Liverpool and ended up in a ditch just outside Wigan. Apparently Liverpool won't ever let it forget

Just now, tree monkey said:

Last time it tried it went on the lash with Liverpool and ended up in a ditch just outside Wigan.

Oi!  Some of us on here regularly go on the lash in Liverpool and end up in a ditch near Wigan ... that's pretty much a summary of the Western end of the Leeds-Liverpool :cheers::boat:

• Greenie 1

19 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Oi!  Some of us on here regularly go on the lash in Liverpool and end up in a ditch near Wigan ... that's pretty much a summary of the Western end of the Leeds-Liverpool :cheers::boat:

A fairly normal night out then?