Rivers warning.

matty40s

Featured Posts

We nearly missed the wash, because the lockie was locked in the toilet (honestly), but he was released just in time (sorry about your door, CRT).

Great trip across, with lunchtime entertainment laid on by the RAF at the bombing range.

Now in Wisbech. The lockie at Dog in a Doublet says that the Nene SSA will end this afternnoon, so we'll get the early tide up there tomorrow.

MP.

Never seen a road sign asking motorists to 'dip their headlights if a ship is approaching' before!

I can't recall the Highway Code saying anything about how to pass shipping on adjacent waterways

(Alas, not quick enough to take a picture, and it was raining)

3 hours ago, Ssscrudddy said:

On the Nene the flow never even got flowing up at Northampton all the time that red flag was on. Which is weird considering all the rain we've had. 

When I left Stibbington on Tuesday morning, the narrowboat next doors uxter plate was about 3 inches out of the water because he was sitting on the bottom! (He was floating on Monday night)

23 hours ago, Victor Vectis said:

I can't recall the Highway Code saying anything about how to pass shipping on adjacent waterways

Do you drive past ships on the left, or the right? Very confusing. Need to integrate the ColReg's with the Highway Code.

13 minutes ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

Do you drive past ships on the left, or the right? Very confusing. Need to integrate the ColReg's with the Highway Code.

Port to port, (unless local rules say different, or you need to do something different in order to avoid a collision).

1 minute ago, Richard10002 said:

Port to port, (unless local rules say different, or you need to do something different in order to avoid a collision).

My car doesn’t have a port. It has a nearside and an offside. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, cuthound said:

Don't you have a carport?

Perhaps you put the car in the garage or just leave it on the drive. ?

It has to live on the drive since we converted the garage to a home cinema, but Richard didn’t mention anything about garages anyway...