Rivers warning.

matty40s

Featured Posts

In contrast to all this mayhem, I've just had a very pleasant trip down the Aire to Ferrybridge with the river levels on green after a couple of days on amber.  Rather glad my plans to go darn sarf were scuppered this year, after all. Beautiful morning.

Ferrybridge Morning.jpg

• Happy 1

3 hours ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

In contrast to all this mayhem, I've just had a very pleasant trip down the Aire to Ferrybridge with the river levels on green after a couple of days on amber.  Rather glad my plans to go darn sarf were scuppered this year, after all. Beautiful morning.

Its funny how it all works. The Nene which Im stuck on has been on SSA twice in as many days. Yet the Great Ouse remained navigable with not so much as a caution on it throughout. On the Bedford end it only went up about 4 inches and is only 15 miles away in places from the Nene!

19 hours ago, PaulJ said:

Its funny how it all works. The Nene which Im stuck on has been on SSA twice in as many days. Yet the Great Ouse remained navigable with not so much as a caution on it throughout. On the Bedford end it only went up about 4 inches and is only 15 miles away in places from the Nene!

No two rivers, or canals for that matter, behave identically, however close they may be at times. Their catchment will always differ.

17 hours ago, waterdog said:

Ah, never new they were called dolphins. Every day's a school day :)

Elsewhere the term refer to emergency mooring posts.

The network is still shut off from Droitwich. An Alvechurch hire boat has spent most of its hire period unable to escape.

Intriguingly the excess chain on the padlock at the flood lock in Droitwich is trapped in the mitre between the gates.

JP

11 minutes ago, Mike Todd said:

No two rivers, or canals for that matter, behave identically, however close they may be at times. Their catchment will always differ.

Also the Ouse is very much a controlled river, with 3 artificial rivers and a large relief channel to take off any excess.

19 hours ago, Rickent said:

Lock landing at Alrewas, no way out for us yet .

20190615_135920.jpg

Who cares!! A couple of good pubs, a good butchers and a good chippie!! Well as good a chippie as you will get down south anyway.

24 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Who cares!! A couple of good pubs, a good butchers and a good chippie!! Well as good a chippie as you will get down south anyway.

What more could anyone want.?

Not many places you can be stuck on SSA and have Thomas pass by overhead. Had pretty good time here with a few traction engines,old cars and motorbikes thrown in for good measure. And yes I went for a ride on the Thomas train too.. ?

20190616_121509.jpg

1 hour ago, PaulJ said:

Not many places you can be stuck on SSA and have Thomas pass by overhead. Had pretty good time here with a few traction engines,old cars and motorbikes thrown in for good measure. And yes I went for a ride on the Thomas train too.. ?

20190616_121509.jpg

Flying scotsman passed us here yesterday :P