Rivers warning.

matty40s

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, Jerra said:

You may not have noticed but Fosters isn't British.  It is a Johnny Foreigner drink.

I hadnt noticed that naughty cal is a thirty something female either so obviously loves all things metric lol.

15 minutes ago, Jerra said:

You may not have noticed but Fosters isn't British.  

Perhaps not but the pint cans are sold in the UK. As are pint bottles of Bud.

12 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

I hadnt noticed that naughty cal is a thirty something female either so obviously loves all things metric lol.

We will be going for a very none metric meal after work. :)

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, MoominPapa said:

Averham Weir was a bit buttock-clenching.

I travelled the Trent both ways, but I am dammed if I can remember this weir.  Perhaps I never even saw it.  A bit like Marlow weir on the Thames, but without all the white timbers and big notices.

3 hours ago, RLWP said:

I drink pints

How many pints in a firkin ?  

I used to make circuit boards for Ampex.  The American drawings had metric, decimal and fractional inches and mms all on the same drawing.

What about engine size in cars?  Been measured in cubic centimetres and litres almost forever it seems.  Do any of the pint and pound brigade know the size of their engines in cubic inches (without using Google!).

Edited by davem399

8 minutes ago, davem399 said:

What about engine size in cars?  Been measured in cubic centimetres and litres almost forever it seems.  Do any of the pint and pound brigade know the size of their engines in cubic inches (without using Google!).

Always used to measure them in Horse Power.  Not with a dynamometer, but a weird 'RAC formula', which often bore no relation to BHP.   

h.p. = (D2 x n)/2.5

where D=the diameter of the cylinder in inches [1" = 25.4mm], and n = the number of cylinders

4 hours ago, RLWP said:

How are the river levels going?

I’m confused. Nuneaton doesn’t really have a river, the Anker being more of a stream, yet I received a ‘flood warning for Nuneaton’  about an hour ago. Dunno what’s supposed to flood... or where...

5 minutes ago, WotEver said:

I’m confused. Nuneaton doesn’t really have a river, the Anker being more of a stream, yet I received a ‘flood warning for Nuneaton’  about an hour ago. Dunno what’s supposed to flood... or where...

https://flood-map-for-planning.service.gov.uk/confirm-location?easting=437714&northing=294448&placeOrPostcode=nuneaton

Richard

7 minutes ago, WotEver said:

I get the impression that if you don't live on the football pitch you should be fine. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/River_Anker

The River Anker has flooded Nuneaton town centre several times in the past, including 1968, prompting the construction of a 600-metre-long (2,000 ft) flood relief channel in Weddington in 1976.[11][12]

In July 2007 the river flooded the Liberty Way pitch, forcing Nuneaton Town and Nuneaton RFC to cancel matches while the river water drained away.[13]

37 minutes ago, Mrs Trackman said:

Not surprised to see this. We saw many trees that looked on the point of falling. Many overhanging boughs that needed attention. 

Dam those overhanging branches, always on my priority list to sort out

5 minutes ago, RLWP said:

Interesting :)

Nowhere near me then. Cheers. 

3 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

I get the impression that if you don't live on the football pitch you should be fine. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/River_Anker

The River Anker has flooded Nuneaton town centre several times in the past, including 1968, prompting the construction of a 600-metre-long (2,000 ft) flood relief channel in Weddington in 1976.[11][12]

In July 2007 the river flooded the Liberty Way pitch, forcing Nuneaton Town and Nuneaton RFC to cancel matches while the river water drained away.[13]

Good info, thanks. I wasn’t living here in ‘76 but was in ‘07 but never even knew about it. I might take a drive down Liberty Way and have a nosey in the morning.  

• Greenie 1