Boat yard with shed for spray painting

Deano1988

Featured Posts

Hi very new to this currently returning my narrowboat I have just bought I want to have it sprayed and blackened

I am looking for a yard that has a DIY yard (with shed if possible) that will let me spray in them. 

Any recommendations as close to Manchester as possible 

Thanks

1 hour ago, TheBiscuits said:

Does it have to be sprayed?  Most boats are not sprayed, but roller and brush painted.

Just think it will be a lot better finish, dont think the costs would be much more either. 

Cheers

1 hour ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Just don't be tempted to spray it under a motorway bridge to save costs!!

It crossed my mind for a min haha

3 hours ago, Deano1988 said:

Just think it will be a lot better finish, dont think the costs would be much more either. 

I have seen spray painted boats, but they aren't common. The paint on inland steel boats gets a lot of knocks and scrapes and needs some touch ups almost every year. Blending in a patch on a brushed finish is much easier than on a sprayed one, unless you spray again, which is difficult to do without putting the boat back in a suitable shed. Some friends had this problem on a spray painted boat. Very good finish, but the repairs stood out.

Jen

How good do you want the finish?

You can get outstanding results with a roller and brush, as can be seen on 99.9% of  shiney boats on the canal network. 

Edited by Rickent

I once kneww someone who had his boat spray painted professionally. It looked immaculate. It proved to be a pain in the a**e. Every scrape and chip stood out like a sore thumb. Touching in was a nightmare.