Boatyards on the Staffs and Worcester?

Featured Posts

We discovered a leaking sump gasket the other day while cruising on the Coventry, but had no option but to limp on to Stafford Boat Club, checking the oil level every few hours, due to being booked in for repainting in their wet dock. So, first order of business when we pick the boat up will have to be getting the issue properly looked at (an engineer from Streethay diagnosed the fault for us, but we weren't in a position to hang around until they were able to lift the engine out and deal with it). Teddesley would have been the obvious place to try first, but apparently they don't exist any more! Does anyone have any up-to-date recommendations of nearby boatyards, ideally in the direction of Autherley Junction, we should be trying (or avoiding, for that matter)?

Thanks all. Just phoned Bourne/Teddesley Boat Company (they seem to go by both names) and it looks like they can fit us in next week. Silly of me really, I'd more or less dismissed them figuring they'd be focused on their boatbuilding (which I know is much in demand), but being only an hour or so away they've got to be the obvious choice with an issue like this - I don't want to risk knackering the engine or anything because of leaking oil.