Is it cold in winter?

LadyG

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, Tumshie said:

That's interesting, it would seem that Scottish Canals might be slightly different because when I asked them about a changing the name of a boat they told me was that they had to be informed of the change and that it had to be visible on the boat. 

Fairy Snuff.

BW (and C&RT) have said that they do not use boat names, and only recognise the registration number.

Being in the 'Doncaster post code' I guess it will be 'English' rules that will apply.

Just now, Alan de Enfield said:

Being in the 'Doncaster post code' I guess it will be 'English' rules that will apply.

I didn't say that they wouldn't, only that my experience is not in Doncaster and therefore I didn't realise there was a difference. Scottish Canals is BW though. 

19 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Fairy Snuff.

BW (and C&RT) have said that they do not use boat names, and only recognise the registration number.

Even so, if you print your own licence 'discs' to display but without telling CRT of your boat name change, the previous boat name will be on those licences which could lead to endless confusion and perhaps accusations of fraud. 

3 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Just to avoid any future confusion :

"Scottish Canals" was "British Waterways Scotland" to differentiate it from "British Waterways" after they were 'split off'

Everything that was once controlled by Westminster but is now controlled by Holyrood tends to have (Scotland) added at the end, but I think you might be slitting hairs. 

fullsizeoutput_a79.jpeg

3 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

In which case, I think you have had a PM telling you she has, the same as I had, from the same person.

Did the PM seem credible to you?

Because the thing that puzzles me, is if she really has bought a boat, why not just say so?

Perhaps it is an embarrassing boat?

11 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

Alan Pease in Goole have a few boats listed as recently sold so maybe LadyG purchased one of those.

If she has bought a boat that must mean that the unsaleable flat has also sold?

56 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

Perhaps it is an embarrassing boat?

If she has bought a boat that must mean that the unsaleable flat has also sold?

Sold flat to almost  the perfect person: a guy who is almost on the edge of normal,

It is the perfect storm, he is "entitled, and is a person who knows the "rules", and my neighbour is "the man who knows everything"

Glad to be sitting by my sf stove, rain pitter pattering , and the world is wonderful.

Boat will be fine once I ve sorted t ty

Edited by LadyG

3 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

THIS is the bit....

that worries me.....!

:giggles:

?

I've got an  proper electrician  coming in two/three weeks,  by then, I will have it clean, maybe a marine ply floor in the loo!  

• Greenie 1

3 minutes ago, LadyG said:

?

I've got an  proper electrician  coming in two/three weeks,  by then, I will have it clean, maybe a marine ply floor in the loo!  

Have WHAT clean, and a marine ply floor in the loo??????

Do tell!

And no, it's not cold in winter. Or summer, for that matter. I've just got back into a centrally heated house after six weeks on the boat, and I'm freezing... Some years back, I moved from the boat into a house in the middle of a December ice age and had to have the heating on in the house on max 24 hours a day while I got used to how cold they are comparatively.

• Greenie 2