Is it cold in winter?

LadyG

Featured Posts

4 minutes ago, LadyG said:

So you are not infallible after all ?

Nope. Never been infallible. 

For example back in 1998 I thought I made a mistake, but it turned out I hadn't. So I was right, which meant I was wrong after all....

Errrrrr......

• Haha 1

Anyway, enough of this geographical nonsense.

Pumpout or cassette? (Or have you got the best type? :D )

Cruiser, Trad or Semi?

Red, Green or Blue?

We already know you have a stove, your slippers and some whisky so your priorities are obviously correct.

10 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

?

2 minutes ago, Captain Pegg said:

Aha. That’s a clue isn’t it?

I don't think we need pictures of goolies on this thread ...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheBiscuits said:

Anyway, enough of this geographical nonsense.

Pumpout or cassette? (Or have you got the best type? :D )

Cruiser, Trad or Semi?

Red, Green or Blue?

We already know you have a stove, your slippers and some whisky so your priorities are obviously correct.

yes ,

I've got a blunt end and a pointy end.

Edited by LadyG

8 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Yes we know that, but do you have a BOAT TOO?????!!!!

Judging by the fact LM has started another thread asking for an electrician in the Doncaster area and has said :

OK. there are too many mad 240v / mains on board. Includes a 3Kw inverter installed at pointy end using former bow thruster cabling!

I would like to start by removing the central mains lighting system is it OK to find and disconnect the wire...……………………...

I'd suggest she has.

34 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Judging by the fact LM has started another thread asking for an electrician in the Doncaster area and has said :

OK. there are too many mad 240v / mains on board. Includes a 3Kw inverter installed at pointy end using former bow thruster cabling!

I would like to start by removing the central mains lighting system is it OK to find and disconnect the wire...……………………...

I'd suggest she has.

On the other hand, had she bought a boat I’m sure she would be happy to tell us!! 

Edited by Mike the Boilerman
Spelling

It's beginning to look like she has. Perhaps she has purchased some fugly fat boat and is to embarrassed to tell us especially if mrsmelly had something to do with it.

There is a 55'x10' Collingwood called Caledonia listed on the boat listing.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I think she has actually bought a boat.

In which case, I think you have had a PM telling you she has, the same as I had, from the same person.

Did the PM seem credible to you?

Because the thing that puzzles me, is if she really has bought a boat, why not just say so?

37 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

It's beginning to look like she has. Perhaps she has purchased some fugly fat boat and is to embarrassed to tell us especially if mrsmelly had something to do with it.

Sorry but I am sworn to secrecy. Its up to LadyG if she wants to come clean innitt.

Could be that the boat is so ugly and a rusty pile of poo,that it's embarrasing to admit to buying it.

It might also be an absolute beauty at a bargain price and LG doesn't want to make us all jealous.

Just now, Mad Harold said:

Could be that the boat is so ugly and a rusty pile of poo,that it's embarrasing to admit to buying it.

It might also be an absolute beauty at a bargain price and LG doesn't want to make us all jealous.

What boat is this then? Have you had the PM too then??

2 hours ago, Rob-M said:

Or the name changing paperwork isn't quite through yet and according to canalplan the boat is still showing under her old name. ?

Just now, Tumshie said:

Or the name changing paperwork isn't quite through yet and according to canalplan the boat is still showing under her old name. ?

I think CanalPlan only do updates every few years when they can get the details from the Navigation Authorities.

It could take some time.

2 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I think CanalPlan only do updates every few years when they can get the details from the Navigation Authorities.

It could take some time.

Well as none of the the boats on canalPlan called Caledonia have been update in the last three years I think its pretty safe bet that the 55ft widebeam isn't Lady G's - if we're working on the premise that last week her boat was called something else. 

4 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

Well as none of the the boats on canalPlan called Caledonia have been update in the last three years I think its pretty safe bet that the 55ft widebeam isn't Lady G's - if we're working on the premise that last week her boat was called something else. 

But you can call it whatever you want - there is no requirement to notify C&RT (or anyone) that the name has been changed.

19 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

But you can call it whatever you want - there is no requirement to notify C&RT (or anyone) that the name has been changed.

That's interesting, it would seem that Scottish Canals might be slightly different because when I asked them about changing the name of a boat they told me that they had to be informed of the change and that it had to be visible on the boat. 

That wasn't what I meant though, just that those of us with sharp eyes noticed last week that Lady G's boat wasn't called Caledonia, so is therefore unlikely to be one of the boats mentioned on CanalPlan. :)

Edited by Tumshie