CRICK MARINA SOLD

Ray T

Featured Posts

I hope that Cropredy Marina maintains its current  standards. It was locally deplored as an eyesore when it was being built, but has since established a good reputation.

9 minutes ago, Athy said:

I hope that Cropredy Marina maintains its current  standards. It was locally deplored as an eyesore when it was being built, but has since established a good reputation.

Having stayed in 3 of Castle Marina's establishments over the years I can only say if we weren't happy we would not still be in one. The staff have always been helpful and do not allow their sites to become untidy. Maintenance is always regularly attended to. One advantage is their flexiberth scheme where you can stay in any Castle owned marina without additional charge, if passing through or longer periods with agreement.

Edited by Ray T
  • Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Athy said:

It is bloomin orrible though innitt!

Just now, mrsmelly said:

It is bloomin orrible though innitt!

Much less so than when it was being built. Yes, it was more attractive when it was still fields, but as marinas go it's not bad.

There are rumours of another one being planned just up the hill at Claydon.

We only have experience of one Castle Marina but no complaints here - well, unless you count the Elsan being at the other end from our berth but that seems a little churlish! 

Edited by NealSmith100

11 minutes ago, Murflynn said:

pedant alert:

Castle Marina's (what) expand  ?

Their ownership of inland marinas. 

Expand

1. [ɪkˈspand, ɛkˈspand]

VERB
    expands (third person present) · expanded (past tense) · expanded (past participle) · expanding (present participle)
    1. become or make larger or more extensive.
      "their business expanded into other hotels" ·

i.e. they have bought Cropredy and Crick marinas - Happy now?

Edited by Ray T

3 minutes ago, OldGoat said:

Castle Marina's INCOMES expand ??

As the company's name is Castle Marinas wouldn't that be Castle Marinas' incomes expand?

Or Castle Marinas's incomes expand?

Nah, that sounds too cumbersome.

I'm confused, where's Athy when you need him?

• Haha 1

Castle Marinas are excellent landlords and when I heard rumors of their expansion my fingers were crossed it would be further north than  Kings Bromley. Oh well, I'll have to venture up to Cheshire without them for now.

6 minutes ago, Eldog said:

Late and unaware - as usual!

Dont despair you probably have a life. With your post count in 3 years what it is. Too many of us on here do more posts in a day than that lol :cheers:

On 06/06/2019 at 17:45, Lily Rose said:

Castle Marinas's incomes expand?

Is correct. 

Although im guessing the thread title should simply have the apostrophe removed as it’s not only in the wrong place but is redundant anyhow. 

This thread reminds me of a bloke who came into my caff a couple of years ago and on looking at our blackboard menu quickly announced that we had incorrectly worded Paninis!! I cannot remember what but some rubbish about not needing a comma or an S or  something. I asked him what he did for a living and he was a schoolteacher. He was the most supercilious prick I have ever encountered. I explained that in my ( real world ) I had not had even one person ever ask me what the menu item was so as people fully understood what the menu item was we couldnt give two hoots and besides we could now wait until the next person comes along and explains the horrors of our spelling mistake. No one ever did.

I must admit that greengrocers' apostrophes always jump out at me, and also spelling mistakes, but I wouldn't dream of pointing them out.  A favourite is 'Accommodation' .  It was mis-spelt outside both our local pubs, but I notice they have now been corrected, so they must have had someone in like Tim's customer.

1 minute ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

I must admit that greengrocers' apostrophes always jump out at me, and also spelling mistakes, but I wouldn't dream of pointing them out. 

This ^^^^^^    After 40 years of marking work I can't help seeing them.

Never marked anyone's work in my life, but being required to write clear and unambiguous engineering documents and contractual/legal/technical letters ensured that I never made mistakes like that.  As an 'agency' employee, I could be fired at a moment's notice, so it paid to get it right all the time. 

• Greenie 1