Valley Cruises moving site and moorers being kicked out

Dave_P

Featured Posts

Just seen a post on facebook about Valley Cruises in Stratford.  They are moving their base to Bidford and the long term moorers there have been given 6 weeks to leave.  It seems CRT own the land.  Nobody is telling the moorers anything.  Just wondering if anyone here knows what the future for the site is?  I would have thought that any new operator would be happy to keep the existing moorers on.

Bidford is what, less than ten miles away? Many long-term moorers on here travel for hours to get to and from their boats.

Is Valley Cruises acting according to its terms and conditions, which the moorers will have accepted?

Are there any moorers on here who can confirm that they have been told nothing?

Facebook in general is rife with righteous indignation, but that doesn't always mean it is always justifed.

12 minutes ago, Machpoint005 said:

Bidford is what, less than ten miles away? Many long-term moorers on here travel for hours to get to and from their boats.

Is Valley Cruises acting according to its terms and conditions, which the moorers will have accepted?

Are there any moorers on here who can confirm that they have been told nothing?

Facebook in general is rife with righteous indignation, but that doesn't always mean it is always justifed.

" Crap " uses less typing and more accurate innitt.

• Greenie 3

Just now, Alan de Enfield said:

How do you know ?

I thought you were 'one of us' who don't "do-It"

I dont, nor ever will. However I have kids and grandkids that do!! The rubbish thats put on every second of every day is quite astonishing.

12 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

I dont, nor ever will. However I have kids and grandkids that do!! The rubbish thats put on every second of every day is quite astonishing.

The point is, Facebook is the medium. The 'crap' on it is down to the users. Do you hold the Royal Mail responsible for the letters that come through your door?

There is good stuff to be had on Facebook if you join the right groups. Rubbish if you read the wrong ones.

Whether you want to put up with being the data that FB sell to advertisers is a whole nother matter and the reason I don't use it.  In fact I rather regret not having access to the CWF group on FB, the 12volt group, the chinese heater group, and the bell ringing groups. Lots of intelligent content. 

• Greenie 1

8 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Whether you want to put up with being the data that FB sell to advertisers is a whole nother matter and the reason I don't use it.  In fact I rather regret not having access to the CWF group on FB, the 12volt group, the chinese heater group, and the bell ringing groups. Lots of intelligent content. 

Snot Greeny.jpg