Offline Winter mooring

mrsmelly

Featured Posts

The owners were I moor have kindly let me offer a couple of winter moorings to forum members at Nell bridge this winter. Five months nov/march. Its as good as it gets. Online offside not a poxy marina. Elsan, rubbish,parking,water and very stable leccy hook up to boat. Very secure,  two security boats at mooring. Short boats prefered up to a max of sixty feet. Liveaboards prefered but not essential. Even shiney boats welcome. Full five months required, not part winter. If anyone is interested please PM me. Full details given by PM. There is no problem filling these ever, this is a genuine offer in a great location. £260 per month per mooring not by length. Banbury by car ten minutes. Oxford 30 minutes. Railway station 2 miles. Dan has sanctioned this post.

Taa

10 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

I wonder why they want shorter boats at a fixed monthly rate ...

Simple really old boy. They want three and theres only space for three if they are short boats. They have no problem selling them ever!! Took me ages to get here because of the length of my boat. 

3 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Simple really old boy. They want three and theres only space for three if they are short boats. They have no problem selling them ever!! Took me ages to get here because of the length of my boat. 

Ah, so because you are taking up more than one space with your oversized boat, only shorties can fit next to you ...

3 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Ah, so because you are taking up more than one space with your oversized boat, only shorties can fit next to you ...

Close but not quite true. My boat isnt oversized, its actualy quite short at only 68 feet. A narrowboat should be a minimum of 70 feet rising to 72 feet. Anything else is not a narrowboat, its part of a narrowboat. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

A narrowboat should be a minimum of 70 feet rising to 72 feet. 

You're a far braver narrowboat pilot than I am Tim.  If my narrowboat started rising, I think I'd have jumped off by about the time it got to 5 or 6 feet!

Just now, Sea Dog said:

You're a far braver narrowboat pilot than I am Tim.  If my narrowboat started rising, I think I'd have jumped off by about the time it got to 5 or 6 feet!

:P

12 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

They are on-line, 0ff-side. 

If they were offside then they would be in front of the line. ?

Edited by Tumshie
off side is actually all one word

1 hour ago, Alway Swilby said:

Are these moorings offline as stated in the title of the thread or online offside as stated in the text?

Online offside about 200 yards north of Nell bridge. It doesnt get any better. Slip a couple of ropes and go for  a trip,  but secure on private land off the towpath.

25 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

If i hadnt got a annual mooring id jump but because of the got to be in house one day in 60 insurance rule im now a weak house dwelling weekend boater. How did life get to this...

Wrong insurance company?

2 hours ago, roland elsdon said:

If i hadnt got a annual mooring id jump but because of the got to be in house one day in 60 insurance rule im now a weak house dwelling weekend boater. How did life get to this...

I am hoping against hope I dont have to move back into a house :o It may come one day though ☹️

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

I am hoping against hope I dont have to move back into a house :o It may come one day though ☹️

But not while you and the good Mrs Smelly keep keeping healthy, eh. :hug:

• Happy 1

• 4 months later...

Unexpectedly as from today there is now a space here due to unforseen circumstances and after turning people away this has come available at last minute. Anyone wants a first rate winter mooring rather than the muddy towpath or a poxy marina for the winter please PM me. Maximum length available now is 58 footer. ( Do they make em that small? )

Cheers

Edited by mrsmelly

On 07/06/2019 at 19:07, roland elsdon said:

My renewal turned with the 60 days  and the later states you need to tell us if the house is not regularly occupied for 6 days out or 7.

3 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

My renewal turned with the 60 days  and the later states you need to tell us if the house is not regularly occupied for 6 days out or 7.

Insurance is not a problem. Get a holiday let policy, we did that for some years, we could use, leave empty more or less whenever we wanted. Obviously the policy costs more than the standard peanuts household policy but properly insured is better for piece of mind for a few quid extra. We could use it ourselves or have others in paying or not, a broker got us a bespoke policy for our lifestyle at the time, it wasnt a problem.