Water leak in main cabin where does the water go ?

Featured Posts

Deep joy !!

I pumped it dry this weekend and cleared a pile of mud and leaves from the channeling around the deck so it should drain outside now.  Before I left I gaffer taped a couple of tarpaulins over the deck area.  I'm back aboard next weekend,  that will be the tester !!

26 minutes ago, Tom766 said:

cleared a pile of mud and leaves from the channeling around the deck so it should drain outside now

Yep,  that will help.  It's best to check that everytime you are at the boat.

If the channel drains are small, look if you can make them bigger.  This does depend on the drain design though.

• 1 month later...

My engine bilge was filling up because ladt owner left it with 4 dead batteries so no pump. At a certain level the water drops over a lip in bulkhead and fills cabin floor, I found 6" deep and rotten floor panels due to condensation over a few years I guess. 

Found where this cabin water was coming from by dropping some plumbers leak finder in bilge, magic stuff, lime green and went straight to the bow. New batts, new ply floor n job done ?