Severn locks

frahkn

Featured Posts

Perhaps it's because I'm on the boat but I can't get the CaRT website to work properly.

What are the opening times of the locks between Stourport and Worcester at this time of year?

Anything which I should watch out for when using them?

Thanks.

Locks on to the river at Stourport are boater operated any time. You may see a vlocky. Use the narrow locks if in a narrow beam.

Lincomb, Holt and Bevere locks on the Severn are keeper operated and big. 08:00 to 18:00 daily at this time of year. Do what the locky says and you'll be fine.

The locks up to Diglis Basin are boater operated any time and broad.

From Boaters Guides.

Jen

4 minutes ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

Locks on to the river at Stourport are boater operated any time. You may see a vlocky. Use the narrow locks if in a narrow beam.

Lincomb, Holt and Bevere locks on the Severn are keeper operated and big. 08:00 to 18:00 daily at this time of year. Do what the locky says and you'll be fine.

From Boaters Guides.

Jen

I have on occasion found the locks on to the river at Worcester padlocked until 8am.

Pretty sure river locks are now 8am to 7pm, I shall google and see.

added - from late May to late September it is 7pm closing, though they finish work at 7pm so to be certain of getting through you need to be there in good time.

Also check with Gloucester lock if there are any spring tides on the day you intend to use Gloucester lock as if the tide is over the weir it is not safe to use the lock for an hour or three after high tide.

Edited by Chewbacka

19 hours ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

From Boaters Guides.

Jen

Thanks for the link Jen, I had no difficulty downloading the Severn guide from your link but still cannot get to it via the CaRT website. It's very odd.

1 minute ago, frahkn said:

Thanks for the link Jen, I had no difficulty downloading the Severn guide from your link but still cannot get to it via the CaRT website. It's very odd.

No worries. I've found the boaters guide pdf's the most reliable way of getting CaRT's up to date navigation info, or at least what they remember to put on the database. They do have an annoying habit of moving stuff around, so where on their web site the information you need is changes from month to month and gets lower down in the menu hierarchy. Doesn't do much for a boaters wellbeing...

Jen