Engine stole of boat Lancaster canal

Alan Ashe

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, fittie said:

It's not school holidays in Lancashire for the next week or so. 24th  July is the start of the school hols though some will start on the Friday before.

I would agree the dates basically, but now various areas even down to individual schools have much greater freedom to set their own Holidays.

For example there was a time when you could guarantee a school had its Easter Holidays at Easter.  (what a strange idea).   This year I know of schools with their holidays starting as much as a month before the actual Easter weekend and taking the weekend as just that a long weekend starting 2 weeks back after the holiday.

2 hours ago, fittie said:

Yeah, private, public, academies and some state schools do have their own holiday dates but at the moment most Lancashire and Cumbrian schools are still at school.

True.  In fact most schools nation wide are probably not starting holidays until 27th.  The point I was making is that it is no longer clear cut.

Up until about 10 years ago you could guarantee virtually 99+% of schools had the same dates give or take a couple of days.