Worsley Services

pearley

Featured Posts

Just a warning that there is no water available at the services at Worsley on the Bridgewater. This was reported to Peel at the beginning of May when they said they working hard to resolve the problem, but not too hard.

If you empty a cassette then you'll need to pour a bucket of canal water afterwards to flush the elsan.

Edited by pearley

8 hours ago, pearley said:

Just a warning that there is no water available at the services at Worsley on the Bridgewater. This was reported to Peel at the beginning of May when they said they working hard to resolve the problem, but not too hard.

If you empty a cassette then you'll need to pour a bucket of canal water afterwards to flush the elsan.

Yes, when we put into those 'services' when passing through I thought that they'd been rendered derelict, it certainly didn't look as though there were any signs of any repairs being effected. We carried enough spares to get us through to Wigan (I didn't see the elsan at Butts Bridge, must be well camouflaged). The overall impression I got whilst on the Bridgewater was along the lines of 'Welcome to the Bridgewater Canal.........don't stop".

9 hours ago, Wanderer Vagabond said:

Yes, when we put into those 'services' when passing through I thought that they'd been rendered derelict, it certainly didn't look as though there were any signs of any repairs being effected. We carried enough spares to get us through to Wigan (I didn't see the elsan at Butts Bridge, must be well camouflaged). The overall impression I got whilst on the Bridgewater was along the lines of 'Welcome to the Bridgewater Canal.........don't stop".

Yes, the ones at Butts Bridge are not too obvious, especially if coming from the Leigh direction as they are tucked in by the side of the bridge.

• 4 weeks later...