Banbury Stoppage

Jennifer McM

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, Jennifer McM said:

Unless every boater is a suspect, and every one I guess, would have to be ruled out. The police would have a heck of job finding the boater (especially if he's the murderer) again. 

No Cctv will pick up every passing boat , crt will pass on every owners details if needed.

the uk has huge numbers of cctv cameras. Just look at salisbury.

• Greenie 1

8 hours ago, Tumshie said:

Well if you can't sub marine then there's always the trusty ghillie suit. 

iu.jpeg

4 life buoys suggests they must be aware of the risk of the extra top weight turning her turtle. They must have to water the plants in carefully  calculated shifts!

11 hours ago, roland elsdon said:

Banbury has always been rough in places. We looked at a boat there  in 1986 once where castle quay is now. The owner moved it there to meet us from the station, and wanted to get away before dark...

there had been a murder there only the week before.

having said that its better now and we have overnighted twice there in the last 10 days and survived.

the gloss of castle quays and urban regeneration is pretty superficial . Designer crap in the shopping centre and designer drugs round the bus station. Last year there were unfortunates sheltering in the toilets and crt rubbish compound. Very sad.

Roland, this did make me smile. I reckon you have lived a very charmed life in some posh places. Where I policed we would have dreamed of having anywhere as posh as Banbury!! Its a pussy cat in its entirety. ?

• Greenie 2

1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

Roland, this did make me smile. I reckon you have lived a very charmed life in some posh places. Where I policed we would have dreamed of having anywhere as posh as Banbury!! Its a pussy cat in its entirety. ?

I agree that Banbury is a good place. We know Banbury very well as having moored not far away fir 8+ years up until moving onboard five years ago. We located ourselves I need the Banbury area last Christmas and may even do so this year. We like Banbury. There are places on the system where we would stay for any period of time. Not many but there are.

2 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Well yes i have lead a charmed life im still here and most faculties functioning.

of course having been boatbound from 1980 to 2005 i picked my spots to live , posh places all ways safest .

However  ive worked in the most deprived parts of the midlands and australia, and have seen stuff that most people would not believe as im sure you have.

After my career and a few ‘incidents’ im lucky only to have a few minor marks and dents.

suffice to say banbury is like a cut and shut bmw , scratch the shiny paint in the wrong place and the truth comes out. 

Its our nearest town now we no longer inhabit the boat.

• Greenie 1

• 3 weeks later...