A New Beginning.

Featured Posts

Well we moved today and did locks and stuff! Not forgotten!  Could have done with some wheels though given the water levels through Wigan. Just good to be out and about again. Quite a few things have altered since we were last about, pub shut, houses and a big bridge built. Onwards and upwards, see were we end up.

45 minutes ago, catweasel said:

Well we moved today and did locks and stuff! Not forgotten!  Could have done with some wheels though given the water levels through Wigan. Just good to be out and about again. Quite a few things have altered since we were last about, pub shut, houses and a big bridge built. Onwards and upwards, see were we end up.

Someone has posted recently elsewhere that "all three routes over the Pennines are currently closed".

I don't know how true for the other two, but stuck here in Hebden Bridge I an confirm it definitely remains true for the Rochdale.

Wigan, hey - you like to get back into it gently, don't you! ?

5 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

Someone has posted recently elsewhere that "all three routes over the Pennines are currently closed".

I don't know how true for the other two, but stuck here in Hebden Bridge I an confirm it definitely remains true for the Rochdale.

Wigan, hey - you like to get back into it gently, don't you! ?

It has been my home for the past two years!  I am now addicted to pies, and say "arns" instead of "Heinz."
Joking apart I have made some good buddies in Wigan, many of whom were great when my better half and I were ill.
Sorry you are stuck Alan, and hope it gets sorted quickly for you.

On 02/06/2019 at 19:03, catweasel said:

If you are still in the Wigan area when we pass back through from the Ribble I'll look out for your Destiny (boat), good luck and enjoy?