Noodles on the cut : Episode II - A track of the clones

Featured Posts

Following on from this thread about raising money for the Chesterfield Canal Trust:

The prize noodles were won by @Dr Bob and I have been tasked with getting them to him by boat.  Taking them in a taxi this afternoon is just too easy.

He has also publicly stated that he is willing to donate £1.00 per boat that the noodles travel on to catch up with him, so I have set them free on their travels.

Anyone taking part in the travails travels of the noodles please note that we are not obliged to get these noodles to @Dr Bob on NB Kharis until February 2020 (the Best Before date of the noodles!) and remember that quid per boat thing. :giggles:

Edited by TheBiscuits
  • Love 1

Boat 1: Good Times

(That's my boat, but there was a stewards enquiry into if the organisers' boat counts last time, so no photo)

passed on to

Boat 2: Paws 4 Thought

20190531_090812.jpg.3fff24efaf3e8e328522596cdd042978.jpg

in the tender care of a slightly baffled Tony, who is going to have to explain to Admiral Pat why he has acquired a pot noodle!

By amazing coincidence, Tony is going to be helping this weeks BCN Explorer Cruise through various flights of locks, and there are 20 boats taking part in that ...

• Haha 1

Wait a minute... We had to work really hard to make sure Dr Bob DIDN'T win anything on the BCN Challenge

You've gone and upset the natural order, the fabric of the universe is at risk

Richard

• Haha 1

Just now, RLWP said:

Wait a minute... We had to work really hard to make sure Dr Bob DIDN'T win anything on the BCN Challenge

Richard

Why do you think there was a Stewards' Enquiry into whether Carrie~Lou counted or not?  :detective:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

He has also publicly stated that he is willing to donate £1.00 per boat that the noodles travel on to catch up with him, so I have set them free on their travels.

er.....no. I publicly stated I would donate £1.00 per bote.

Botes dont include the Birmingham exploring thingy. Didn't I post the rules? Whatta mistaka to makaa!

I will post them soon.

2 hours ago, RLWP said:

Richard

.....my dilithium is about to overheat!

2 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

Why do you think there was a Stewards' Enquiry into whether Carrie~Lou counted or not?  :detective:

I was getting all flustered for a moment and then realised you meant the noodle thing not the challenge its self, phew :)

2 hours ago, RLWP said:

Richard

I am starting to think Bob doesn't really exsist. 

Big fanfare announcing a late entry into the challenge and suspiciously he buggers off and avoids the finish.

Plus no rational human/Muppet would treat the duck in the way he has recently,  letting the innocent thing off to wander on its own.

Forget the flat earth and NASA, the CWDF Bob conspiracy is bigger

• Haha 2
  • Horror 1

3 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

Boat 1: Good Times

(That's my boat, but there was a stewards enquiry into if the organisers' boat counts last time, so no photo)

passed on to

Boat 2: Paws 4 Thought

20190531_090812.jpg.3fff24efaf3e8e328522596cdd042978.jpg

in the tender care of a slightly baffled Tony, who is going to have to explain to Admiral Pat why he has acquired a pot noodle!

By amazing coincidence, Tony is going to be helping this weeks BCN Explorer Cruise through various flights of locks, and there are 20 boats taking part in that ...

I hope Tony is not too baffled to get photos!

Back in the day when we were a family of six, if at the dinner table someone asked the person next to them to pass the salt, the kids thought it great fun to pass it the opposite way around the table through five other people rather than give it directly to them.

We could do something similar to Dr Bob. I'm sure he would enjoy it is we sent the noodle via as many boats as we can all around the UK, on their way back to him.

I bet he'd like that. And think of the size of the charity donation!!

2 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Back in the day when we were a family of six, if at the dinner table someone asked the person next to them to pass the salt, the kids thought it great fun to pass it the opposite way around the table through five other people rather than give it directly to them.

We could do something similar to Dr Bob. I'm sure he would enjoy it is we sent the noodle via as many boats as we can all around the UK, on their way back to him.

I bet he'd like that. And think of the size of the charity donation!!

He has thought about it.  And talked about it.  At great length over dinner this evening.

I figure he was trying to stitch me up by adding lots of extra rule clauses (Canoe clubs FFS!) to my noodle delivery, but I seem to have been left in charge of his noodle delivery ...

He was also daft enough to quote a figure per boat ... :giggles:

3 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

He was also daft enough to quote a figure per boat ... :giggles:

Well yes, exactly. We should be able to get the noodle to pass through perhaps 100 boats with a fair bit of organisation, don'tcher think??

4 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Well yes, exactly. We should be able to get the noodle to pass through perhaps 100 boats with a fair bit of organisation, don'tcher think??

Strangely enough, I am currently moored at the top of the Wolverhampton 21 in company with 20 boats setting off on the BCNS Explorer cruise tomorrow morning.  I have also volunteered to lockwheel for them on Rushall, Walsall and Oldbury locks, and the price of passage is that they carry a pot noodle through locks I work for them ...

100 is showing a lack of ambition!

1 minute ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

It was compassion for Dr Bob's wallet that kept my ambition in check....

But you clearly have no such impediments!!!

I did ask @Dr Bob face-to-face this evening if he wanted me to be sensible or go for broke with his noodles ... and he was enough of a muppet to tell me to go for it!

11 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

Botes dont include the Birmingham exploring thingy. Didn't I post the rules? Whatta mistaka to makaa!

I will post them soon.

You had better hurry up, as you only have a couple of days before I get them back ...

12 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

Didn't I post the rules? Whatta mistaka to makaa!

I will post them soon.

Actually you DID post the rules. See quote below:

12 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

Rule 1: There ARE no rules.

Rule 2: Rule 1 applies in all cases.

• Haha 1