Noodles on the cut : Episode II - A track of the clones

Featured Posts

You do get some odd conversations in canal side pubs.

Tonight's was "You might not believe this but I met a boat that said someone bullied them into carrying a pot noodle through a lock!"

I believed them ...

Then I showed them a photo of the boat they had met, with noodles onboard!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Did these ever arrive?

The last I heard, @cheshire~rose had them in her possession and @mrsmelly owes @Dr Bob fifteen quid for a half share in them ...

Is this what you are enquiring about? 

Some people have so little faith! I was able to locate them in moments after reading the post and take this photo against the backdrop of the forum to prove it is a current photo 

20220123_183727.jpg.23a9acc70c46c7d85f3f53d4f379e29a.jpg

Oh and before @mrsmelly cries foul play they ARE the same noodles, here is the date stamp to prove it 

20220123_183737.jpg.e746fb7f158c7864f6af00f43ab0f2c1.jpg

Don't go worrying about that date, they were manufactured before pre-covid-19 so inside that sealed pot is a guaranteed covid-19 free space. 

I am just wondering if that makes them worth more? 🤔

8 minutes ago, cheshire~rose said:

Oh and before @mrsmelly cries foul play they ARE the same noodles, here is the date stamp to prove it 

20220123_183737.jpg.e746fb7f158c7864f6af00f43ab0f2c1.jpg

Don't go worrying about that date, they were manufactured before pre-covid-19 so inside that sealed pot is a guaranteed covid-19 free space. 

I am just wondering if that makes them worth more? 🤔

Its a bloomin long way to West Wales fromt canal system. Youve kept em idden just because they are worth a stack of money!!

3 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Its a bloomin long way to West Wales fromt canal system. Youve kept em idden just because they are worth a stack of money!!

Of course I have kept them hidden! 

Knowing the value I wasn't going to allow anyone to steal them was I? 

We need to work out how to get them to West Wales...

Are there are mule trains heading that way?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, cheshire~rose said:

They will probably be able to walk to Wales all by themselves now 😉

11 minutes ago, cheshire~rose said:

They got levelling up funding for the Montgomery Canal ...

13 minutes ago, cheshire~rose said:

The stage coach comes once a month :D

• 4 months later...

*** Shock Update ***

The infamous noodles have once again done the BCN Challenge!  Maybe that's what they have been waiting for all these years.

@Mrs Tawny Owl rang me this morning to say she was packing Barney away safely and he had terrible stomach ache.  On investigation he had swallowed the noodles still intact in their pot.

She has kindly offered to take them to Braunston at the end of the month so they are off to the show!

Despite her excellent reputation, Sue feels that the responsibility for this priceless/worthless artefact is too much for one person to bear for too long. 

If @Dr Bob or @mrsmelly want to actually receive the noodles they'll be on the MES/Primrose stand at Braunston for collection.  If they're not collected by somebody in person from Sue they'll be going in the bin ...

• Horror 2

9 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

*** Shock Update ***

they'll be going in the bin ...

I cut out the waffle and went fast forward..

I looked closely at the cracks in the paving slabs outside The Malthouse this year to check the noodles that Little Bob sowed there had not germinated and were on their way to becoming the next invasive species 

Sue is lucky to find such a valuable gift inside Barney's tummy. There was just a length of orange ribbon in there when we got him. We sent him away with some meerkats though :) 

2 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

*** Shock Update ***

The infamous noodles have once again done the BCN Challenge!  Maybe that's what they have been waiting for all these years.

@Mrs Tawny Owl rang me this morning to say she was packing Barney away safely and he had terrible stomach ache.  On investigation he had swallowed the noodles still intact in their pot.

She has kindly offered to take them to Braunston at the end of the month so they are off to the show!

Despite her excellent reputation, Sue feels that the responsibility for this priceless/worthless artefact is too much for one person to bear for too long. 

If @Dr Bob or @mrsmelly want to actually receive the noodles they'll be on the MES/Primrose stand at Braunston for collection.  If they're not collected by somebody in person from Sue they'll be going in the bin ...

It's taken over 2 years to get these bleeding noodles to somewhere in the vicinity of where we are. Braunston is but a few miles of where we spend a number of months in the year but as luck would have it, we are on our bote and t'other end of the network (ish) and Smelly is in a different country. We'll not be back till August. Which way is @Mrs Tawny Owl getting to Braunston? If its via the North Stratford going through Shirley then I have a solution. If it is via the north oxford (hillmorton way) then I have another solution (ie places to leave it). If its via the north oxford, she could always abandon it with @tree monkey and we will pick it up in a few months time.

This is really concerning. If we dont get them back, how can we possibly put it back into Auntie Waitrose's next auction?

Now you see, good, timely communication is always useful in making any plan....

I write this from The North Stratford Canal having passed through Shirley yesterday.

But hang on, Shirley they need a scenic trip before arriving back with me? 

6 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

It's taken over 2 years to get these bleeding noodles to somewhere in the vicinity of where we are. Braunston is but a few miles of where we spend a number of months in the year but as luck would have it, we are on our bote and t'other end of the network (ish) and Smelly is in a different country. We'll not be back till August. Which way is @Mrs Tawny Owl getting to Braunston? If its via the North Stratford going through Shirley then I have a solution. If it is via the north oxford (hillmorton way) then I have another solution (ie places to leave it). If its via the north oxford, she could always abandon it with @tree monkey and we will pick it up in a few months time.

This is really concerning. If we don't get them back, how can we possibly put it back into Auntie Waitrose's next auction?

Duck Delivery Service will be at Audlem and The Port from 20th July to 24th July if that is any help?

35 minutes ago, RLWP said:

I'm minded to take them to Braunston then sell them to the highest bidder 

Richard

Give me twenty quid and I'll take them off your hands Guv.

No paperwork needed, know what I mean?!

6 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

It's taken over 2 years to get these bleeding noodles to somewhere in the vicinity of where we are.

Nonsense!  They were about 2 miles from you when I decided taking them by taxi was defeatist.

That duck pate trio was nice though ...

14 hours ago, Ray T said:

Duck Delivery Service will be at Audlem and The Port from 20th July to 24th July if that is any help?

That's  no good Ray, we'll be in Audlem in a few days time!!!!

Now if you can pick 'em up from Braunston and keep them on board for a few years before delivering to me......that may be a solution. 'Bout time we met up for a drink?

There may be a complication....

Shortly after leaving Withymoor Island we realised we had a stowaway on board. 

We have no idea where he came from. We thought he might jump ship and head home (wherever home is) but he seems to like Delhi and is quite taken with the shade provided by the tomato plants on the tug deck. 

It just occurred to me that maybe he is related to another famous duck and has been sent on a mission to reclaim the noodles? 

How do I break it to him he missed his chance? 

FB_IMG_1654883789343.jpg

Edited by cheshire~rose