Noodles on the cut : Episode II - A track of the clones

Featured Posts

22 hours ago, rustydiver said:

So sadly won’t be able to say hi and eat no I mean photo the noodle. 

Boat 27: Riverdancer (Disqualified!)

I took the photo anyway, but she wasn't moving at all and didn't have the noodles onboard.  So near yet so far ... but she has a lovely shiny bottom! 

20190724_201226.jpg.c5b8f0943c3292918f78001c811a04c6.jpg

• Love 1

59 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Boat 27: Riverdancer (Disqualified!)

I took the photo anyway, but she wasn't moving at all and didn't have the noodles onboard.  So near yet so far ... but she has a lovely shiny bottom! 

20190724_201226.jpg.c5b8f0943c3292918f78001c811a04c6.jpg

That made me laugh.

Did they say anything when you went in?

Good to see you are checking up on them.

Theres all sort of stuff in their yard.

Have a journey down to sharpness.

1 minute ago, TheBiscuits said:

Yep.  "We don't think we want to ask why you are photographing noodles on our dry dock."

I told them anyway.  They think I am crackers ... I'll send @cheshire~rose next time!

??

They probably had a good laugh. Will be interesting to see if they ask me about it when I collect the boat.

11 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

Boat 28:  Beau

You have seen the action shot, here's the money shot!

20190727_153755.jpg.69350cffda81be5c5e1314bbaa8cddc3.jpg

Oh wait! That's not the money shot - this one is!

20190727_135543.jpg.ba40b0e50ea547a1f2bec6b351b54152.jpg

Thanks @Dave_P for the extra £1 donation - but @Dr Bob still has to cough up as usual. :D

Where was I moored for that photo?

Boat 29: Ocean Princess

20190728_095145.jpg.8d42758e7b9b865a37583d5a440ca6d3.jpg

For those that don't know her story, she is probably the only narrowboat to have cruised from Brentford to Bristol by going round the south coast via the Isles of Scilly.  She also went out of Liverpool and across the Irish Sea to Ireland and then to the Western Isles of Scotland before going onto the Caledonian Canal and Loch Ness.

She seemed an appropriate narrowboat to do one of the longer legs of the noodle travels!

Predictions of # of boats:

@TheBiscuits 3 (disallowed)

@Dr Bob 12 1/2 (not ambitious enough!)

@cheshire~rose 41

@Yellowback 42

Proof of # of boats:

1. Good Times (disallowed)

2. Paws 4 Thought

3. Button End

4. Fly Fifer (+ an extra £1 donation to CCT!)

5. Hobnail

6. Shadow

7. Paradigm Shift

8. Uz Boat

9. Moody Blues

10. Country Rose

11. Silent Wings

12: RYA Fusion demonstrator

13: Malvolio, the Stratford Chain Ferry

14: SOAK canoe

15: SOAK canoe

16: SOAK canoe

17: Lamprey (+ an extra £1 donation to CCT!)

18: Nice Swan

19: Wandering Star

20: Willy No Name

21: Canton (+ an extra £2 donation to CCT!)

22: The festival pontoon!

23: Stand Up Paddleboard

24: Oxford 1

25: Pershore Phoenix Dragon Boat

26: Tall Ship Anny

27: Riverdancer (Disqualified!)

28: Beau (+ an extra £1 donation to CCT!)

29: Ocean Princess

We are currently on 27 boats (29 but with 2 disallowed).  Sadly the logistics didn't work for getting the noodles to Bristol for the extra fiver, but I have collected an additional fiver from various people on the course of the journey, so CCT will still benefit.

I have let the noodles go on their way now as we are heading in the wrong direction to meet up with @Dr Bob in time to hand over the noodles in person.

They are currently aboard Ocean Princess in the care of James, and are heading towards Wyvern Shipping Company at Linslade.  Sadly that's not the route @Dr Bob is intending to take on his next journey!

It would help immensely if another forumite could intercept the noodles somewhere between Kingswood Junction / Napton Junction / Braunston Turn / Norton Junction in the next few days especially if they are heading up towards Rugby-ish.

38 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

@cheshire~rose 41

@Yellowback 42

Proof of # of boats:

2. Paws 4 Thought

3. Button End

5. Hobnail

6. Shadow

7. Paradigm Shift

8. Uz Boat

9. Moody Blues

10. Country Rose

11. Silent Wings

We are currently on 27 boats (29 but with 2 disallowed).  Sadly the logistics didn't work for getting the noodles to Bristol for the extra fiver, but I have collected an additional fiver from various people on the course of the journey, so CCT will still benefit.

I have let the noodles go on their way now as we are heading in the wrong direction to meet up with @Dr Bob in time to hand over the noodles in person.

They are currently aboard Ocean Princess in the care of James, and are heading towards Wyvern Shipping Company at Linslade.  Sadly that's not the route @Dr Bob is intending to take on his next journey!

It would help immensely if another forumite could intercept the noodles somewhere between Kingswood Junction / Napton Junction / Braunston Turn / Norton Junction in the next few days especially if they are heading up towards Rugby-ish.

Oooh! Ocean Princess is indeed a famous boat. It passed our mooring a number of years ago steering a straight line on tickover with a stuffed meerkat at the helm which made everyone look twice :) 

Of course it does make me wonder if we will see a photo of the boat being steered by some noodles ?

You have certainly done a fantastic job and I reckon your efforts are well worth a gold star ?

There have to be absolutely HUNDREDS of forumites around the area you have mentioned. Maybe @matty40s might know someone in the area who can help?

21 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

@cheshire~rose 41

@Yellowback 42

Proof of # of boats:

2. Paws 4 Thought

3. Button End

5. Hobnail

6. Shadow

7. Paradigm Shift

8. Uz Boat

9. Moody Blues

10. Country Rose

11. Silent Wings

Thank God for that.  I will have a conversation with my Bank Manager!

Dont forget, they need to get hear by next February!

There is no rush to get them north from Linslade as we will be off the boat on 9th August for 3 weeks as we have to go to Singapore and the Phillipines, so a slow pootle up the GU sounds a plan. Anyone coming that way?

Well done Mr Biscuits on your sterling endeavours.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Right. I am now very miffed. No sign of said Noodles. Our bote is noodleless at the present time. We have no noodles.

I have allowed Auntie waitrose to flog off shares in half of them to Smelly to raise more money so we both now have no noodles.

This just 'aint good enough.

We only have 2 months until they go out of date and then what do we do with them?

They are actually famous with now two threads and picture of them with General Parry on tinternet so I gues we could always donate the missing noodles into next years christmas auction.

It is interesting that on our travels this year, we have come across two botes that had their piccies taken with the noodles - Button end and Moody Blue. Both admitted to have been accosted by @TheBiscuitsand forced to have their photos taken.

Anyhows, I have now paid the 30 squid to Aunite W's christmas beer fund for transportation of the duck noodles to our bote even though we 'aint got them (I raided Mrs Bob's pay pal account thingy). Did I mention we have no duck noodles? All liabilities for the duck noodles have now been discharged.

Now @mrsmellyand I have to sort out how we jointly manage the duck noodles, which we dont have.

3 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

Right. I am now very miffed. No sign of said Noodles. Our bote is noodleless at the present time. We have no noodles.

You might be interested in this ad on our local freegle group:

OFFER: Food Pot Noodles x8 (Rastrick HD6)
I have 8 pots of Pot Noodles Chicken & Mushroom , they have a best before date of August 2019 . Collection HD6 jayne.taylor2@hotmail.com Must be collected today

27 minutes ago, David Mack said:

You might be interested in this ad on our local freegle group:

OFFER: Food Pot Noodles x8 (Rastrick HD6)
I have 8 pots of Pot Noodles Chicken & Mushroom , they have a best before date of August 2019 . Collection HD6 jayne.taylor2@hotmail.com Must be collected today

Nooooooo!

I want MY noodles. You know, the famous ones! The ones photo'd with Field Marshal Parry. The ones that have travelled all over the country.....except back in this direction.

5 hours ago, Dr Bob said:

Nooooooo!

I want MY noodles. You know, the famous ones! The ones photo'd with Field Marshal Parry. The ones that have travelled all over the country.....except back in this direction.

Its a scam I tell you!! I reckon somebody ( who shall remain nameless ) has bloomin eaten em!!

@TheBiscuits is very quiet ....

I do  hope the noddles turn up soon. 

Of course there were also some rather sought after canal mugs in a previous auction that also went AWOL and have still not arrived with the recipient but there has been no publicity about that. 

It seems that when a forum member is sure he knows who Dave_P is he may actually know someone called Dave P but it might not be THAT Dave_P and so when Mrs Dave P graciously accepts the package that has been handed to her for her husbands attention it just opens up a can of worms that has not been closed yet.

In fact I struggle with the mention of "Smelly" owning a 50% share of the noodles because "Smelly" used to be a regular (and popular) contributor to the forum. I think he bid on and won an Auntie Waitrose Pasta Machine many moons ago and that was collected out of the cratch of our boat by a coalboat to deliver. I wonder if we could get Smelly to give his magic pasta machine a rub and produce some noodles to keep MrSmelly and DrBob happy? 

• Greenie 1

• 2 years later...