@TheBiscuits 3 (disallowed)

@Dr Bob 12 1/2 (not ambitious enough!)

@cheshire~rose 41

@Yellowback 42

Proof of # of boats:

1. Good Times (disallowed)

2. Paws 4 Thought

3. Button End

4. Fly Fifer (+ an extra £1 donation to CCT!)

5. Hobnail

6. Shadow

7. Paradigm Shift

8. Uz Boat

9. Moody Blues

10. Country Rose

11. Silent Wings

12: RYA Fusion demonstrator

13: Malvolio, the Stratford Chain Ferry

14: SOAK canoe

15: SOAK canoe

16: SOAK canoe

17: Lamprey (+ an extra £1 donation to CCT!)

18: Nice Swan

19: Wandering Star

20: Willy No Name

21: Canton (+ an extra £2 donation to CCT!)

It's starting to look worrying for @cheshire~rose who is currently nearest guess!

Anyone else want to take a guess as to how many boats we are going to sting the muppet for get to assist us in raising funds for the Chesterfield Canal Trust?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

Predictions of # of boats:

@TheBiscuits 3 (disallowed)

@Dr Bob 12 1/2 (not ambitious enough!)

@cheshire~rose 41

@Yellowback 42

It's starting to look worrying for @cheshire~rose who is currently nearest guess!

Anyone else want to take a guess as to how many boats we are going to sting the muppet for get to assist us in raising funds for the Chesterfield Canal Trust?

<just arrived back after reading through the bloomin thread to try and find out what I am in danger of winning!!!>

A duck pot noodle! 

It's all getting a weeny bit deja vu

2 minutes ago, cheshire~rose said:

<just arrived back after reading through the bloomin thread to try and find out what I am in danger of winning!!!>

A duck pot noodle! 

It's all getting a weeny bit deja vu

You started it!

I have been asked several times why on earth we are doing this with a pot of noodles, and my current stock answer is ...

"I have no idea.  The lady that organises these things is crazy!"

Most people accept that as a valid answer, especially the one who said "Ah.  It's Jan isn't it!"

In better news, you may have noticed that @Rob-M has successfully won a Fray Bentos pie as he declined the noodle prize.  I'm sure someone could arrange delivery to his boat ...

8 minutes ago, cheshire~rose said:

I may be crazy but I am not crazy enough to eat a duck pot noodle - regardless of the use by date! 

I will have to think of something novel to do with it if I win 

Well you know what happened to the first one!

54 minutes ago, rustydiver said:

Ive got a tub off noodles just like that and my boat, can I cheat any say it traveled there to. ??

No, that's cheating.  We will be coming down your way en route to Sharpness at the end of the month though, so you can take the official noodles on your boat if you like!

3 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

No, that's cheating.  We will be coming down your way en route to Sharpness at the end of the month though, so you can take the official noodles on your boat if you like!

Sounds a plan. Let me know the dates your passing and if I’m around count me in. Shame I’m just off tomorrow to spend a week on it. Then it’s going into the dry dock. Should be out on the 29th. 

• Greenie 1

44 minutes ago, rustydiver said:

Sounds a plan. Let me know the dates your passing and if I’m around count me in. Shame I’m just off tomorrow to spend a week on it. Then it’s going into the dry dock. Should be out on the 29th. 

That should work.  We are at Pershore next week and if we don't catch you on the way down we will catch you on the way back up.

• Greenie 1

• 2 weeks later...

Only one boat at Pershore. 

I was given the opportunity to take an Avon Navigation Trust tug up the river and back, but they managed to blow up the old lister on the trip boat just before I was going to take it out.  They had to use the tug to recover the trip boat and decided to keep them strapped together so they could still run trips.

IMG_20190720_144453674.jpg.f8e4a443dd56b03de6a9cd570a631f6e.jpg

I still got to take the tug out, but I had to behave myself as there was a broken trip boat attached to it!  Apparently ANT have @RLWP and @Mrs Tawny Owl on speeddial, which you would if you run a fleet of Listers ...

I sadly forgot to take the noodles on that trip. @Dr Bob isn't the only muppet on this thread!  I did remember to take BobBiscuits though!

IMG_20190720_134800495.jpg.cc0d5bca8139933f4eac95743b73924e.jpg

The Pershore boat wins enough cool factor points to get over this ...

Boat 25: Pershore Phoenix Dragon Boat Club, training boat, unknown name.

20190720_160139.jpg.6544fd29407796a977221e1b07b289c1.jpg

To be able to take the photo I had to paddle the boat up and down the river a bit.  There's a lot of work gone into startling the moths in @Dr Bob's wallet!

20190720_155323.jpg.fa9142f8012feed4fcf3bfe7fac7a191.jpg

7 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Which dock?  We will be heading down your way tomorrow en route to Sharpness.

She is in at RW Davis at Saul Junction about the half way point to Sharpness. You can’t miss it they have the big crane in their yard. Don’t think I’ll be getting it back till  next Wednesday. So sadly won’t be able to say hi and eat no I mean photo the noodle. 

Boat 26: Tall Ship Anny

https://woodenships.co.uk/sailing-yacht/gaff-topsail-schooner/

She's just been bought by Charlestown Harbour near St Austell, who hire out the town and their tall ships for filming or events.

It may not have been a long trip the noodles took from last night's mooring into the dry dock, but they moved on her. :D20190724_115220.jpg.eec8492866aec21298877cd2ae351f5e.jpg

• Greenie 1

On 01/06/2019 at 08:11, Dr Bob said:

I'll throw in an extra fiver if it gets to Bristol on its travels.....and it's delivered back by February.

On 01/06/2019 at 08:28, Rob-M said:

That's easy as you haven't specified how it must get to Bristol. If I can pick them up at some point on my boat I can then bring them home in my car ?

On 01/06/2019 at 08:53, Dr Bob said:

No problem Rob.

Just make sure you get a photo of the duck in Bristol!

@Rob-M if you are still prepared to take the solemn responsibility of the noodles, I'll be in Sharpness either later today or tomorrow.

• Horror 1

3 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

@Rob-M if you are still prepared to take the solemn responsibility of the noodles, I'll be in Sharpness either later today or tomorrow.

I'm going to struggle to get to Sharpness this week, are you turning round and going back to Gloucester or carrying on to Bristol?

Oh I am seriously impressed, the noodles went on a tall ship! 

I have been having a think and perhaps it will be a good thing if we do win the noodles because they might be useful. 

The bilge pump has packed up and so we could maybe re-pack the stern gland with them and the head gasket is weeping - I know if a car radiator starts weeping you can fix it by breaking an egg in there so if we tip the egg noodles into the JP2 will that work?