Football on Saturday on the Oxford

Chris T

Featured Posts

The club in the centre of Banbury, General Foods shows such games. Cheap beer also. I was going to write Ale, but they only sell Johnathon Smiffs. I drank a lovely pint of Guinness, or two, when visiting there. Further Soth there's the Great Western. They may show the game but I'm not so sure they are the type of pub to do so. 

Thanks for the replies. I can see the Great Western and Nell Bridge in the Pearson's but will hopefully be further along than that by Saturday night.  Perhaps as far as / no further than Kidlington. Ish.... Will definitely try calling the Bell. Thank you. 

I'd be very surprised if it isn't being shown in the club house at Banbury United FC. They have a website so worth checking 

Or Oxford United, Oxford City etc plus any number of pubs in Oxford. Kidlington FC also have a club house and the ground is Canalside by Yarnton Lane  bridge

35 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:A walk from the canal at Kidlington or a bus from Thrupp gets you into the centre of Kidlington. There's a number of pubs that are likely to show footie.

This appears your best bet, lucky to find a pub with a tv before then, twenty min walk or a bus , straight road from pub at Thrupp. BT pub sports finder on line is your friend, or sky sports pub finder.

How did I not know about BT / Sky pub finder?! I now have a choice of pubs in Kidlington, thank you! From the Pearson's it looks like Thrupp will be the nicest for mooring. 

So, we have a plan. Best get going. 

Thanks all for comments. 

On 31 May 2019 at 07:28, Chris T said:

How did I not know about BT / Sky pub finder?! I now have a choice of pubs in Kidlington, thank you! From the Pearson's it looks like Thrupp will be the nicest for mooring. 

So, we have a plan. Best get going. 

Thanks all for comments. 

Thrupp can get busy for moorings, best to arrive by midday

I couldn't get to a pub but was pleased to discover that it was free to view on youtube last night so I was able to watch it in the comfort of my boat without the distraction of any drunken neanderthals trying to ruin it.

Mind you it was such a poor game I wish I hadn't bothered!

• Greenie 1

50 minutes ago, Alan B said:

Should have watched the rugby final between Exeter and Saracens:it was a fantastic game.

ANY Rugby game would be better than watching ANY soccer game innitt.

I enjoy watching rugby and football, but I find that in pubs the enjoyment of either game is often adversely affected by pious and opinionated rugby fans spouting on and on about rugby's gentlemanly superiority, how rugby players respect the referee, how they'll bravely play on with every bone in their body mangled, and how football players are a bunch of overpaid, play-acting sissies... as if nobody had ever noticed that before.

14 minutes ago, nipper said:

wELL, I DIDNT BSEE THE MATCH

Unless you are a Liverpool fan, you missed nothing. Whatever you did was more interesting and exciting, even if you were watching grass grow and paint dry simultaneously.