Smells from waste tank

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, rgriffiths said:

@OldGoat Interesting - thank you. What's the name of the industrial strength stuff? Looked up the Tesco version but couldn't find Oxygen - is that Tesco Oxy?

The industrial stuff is TriChem BR1 about £35 + for 10 litres. You only need 10 - 30ml per dose.... Yes, Tesco stuff is Oxy. (I'm not on the boat at the moment, so failing memory has to do instead.

On 30/05/2019 at 09:13, Keeping Up said:

This has been said so many times on here that I feel I have to say, on a properly-fitted well-vented tank a dump through does not smell provided that the seals are in good order and the toilet is used sensibly. At least, ours doesn't.

How does one use a toilet sensibly?

1 hour ago, Slim said:

How does one use a toilet sensibly?

For example by putting the lid down when flushing, by not standing for ages looking into the tank with the flap open, and so on, so that the tank is not exposed to the air unnecessarily.

Our munch cruncher macerator used to smell a bit. Quite a bit at times. Then we changed the rubber pipe work between the macerator and toilet with a new valve before the tank. 

It wasn’t until I took it apart I didn’t realise how bad the pipe work. The smell was permeating through it where it was breaking up on the inside. 

I use the green no smell stuff which since they changed it I think to jabasco? It don’t seem as good. 

The only smell we get now is when the tank is quite full like it is now you get a larger whiff smell when flushing the toilet. 

And no it’s not me as I don’t drink and her indoors is a Prosecco drinker ?

I cnat for the life of me think where I got the pipe from cos I want to buy a spare one for when it needs changing again. 

Edited by rustydiver