Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
chang shan

whilton marina brokerage

Featured Posts

We had a chap come past this evening from Whilton......under a bet to see how far he could get to London....

20190707_203203.jpg

• Greenie 1

I replied to this post on 16t October. I can see my reply but it's purply/pink and states "your content will need to be approved by a moderator!

My reply was:

That looks like James to me, did you kick him in?

25 minutes ago, Markinaboat said:

Please explain to put me out of my misery Mr A ?

Posts on this thread need to be approved by a mod - when they are unapproved that show up as puply pink to mods and to the person who posted, and are hidden from everyone else.

Mr A had approved your post

19 minutes ago, magpie patrick said:

Posts on this thread need to be approved by a mod - when they are unapproved that show up as puply pink to mods and to the person who posted, and are hidden from everyone else.

Mr A had approved your post

Why this particular thread? Or is it that when we start a new topic, do we have the choice to mark it as all replies require approval? Further, it wasn't approved until I chased it up around 3 weeks on. Just curious! Not come across this in the 10 + years before? Thanks

26 minutes ago, Markinaboat said:

Why this particular thread? Or is it that when we start a new topic, do we have the choice to mark it as all replies require approval? Further, it wasn't approved until I chased it up around 3 weeks on. Just curious! Not come across this in the 10 + years before? Thanks

As a wild guess, has it something to do with potental libellous comments posted by a disgruntled boater about a marina or brokerage 

Edited by tree monkey

22 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

As a wild guess, has it something to do with potental libellous comments posted by a disgruntled boater about a marina or brokerage 

This has occurred to me but I have no proof of it.

(Oh, I've approved your post. I wonder if I shall have to approve my own).

I think it's this area of the forum rather than the thread itself that generates the requirement for approval. 

7 minutes ago, Athy said:

This has occurred to me but I have no proof of it.

(Oh, I've approved your post. I wonder if I shall have to approve my own).

Nooo, you shall not ? us mods get automatic approval (from the forum software that is ?

I had a chat with Whilton about selling  boats the guy was frankly oretty short with me.It says they will come out to value a boat on the website,he was very firm that i must bring it to him.I left it at that Bit like a car sales plot take take take,no give.

Have used Whilton for two purchases. The first was completed and I had the boat for years. The second had a miserable pre-purchase survey and I got my deposit back with no issues.

Edited by Traveller
Typo
  • Greenie 1

Do these comments apply to their Cheshire branch at Nantwhich, Venetian Marina?  Just shortlisted a couple here but alarmed that surveys done are not necessarily independant 

1 hour ago, Norm55 said:

Do these comments apply to their Cheshire branch at Nantwhich, Venetian Marina?  Just shortlisted a couple here but alarmed that surveys done are not necessarily independant 

I think the answer is to book your own surveyor for a pre purchase survey.  

8 hours ago, Norm55 said:

I can't comment on Venetian, but I bought my first boat from Whilton. If you do two things — ask them straight-up whether they own the boat or are acting as broker, and arrange your own independent survey — then I don't think there's a problem as a buyer. They were friendly, pleasant and efficient to deal with, and the boat was exactly as advertised.

For sellers: when it came to selling it, they offered to buy it outright for £13000 less than I'd bought it for. Draw your own conclusions there.

(The second and current boat came from ABNB, and I couldn't recommend them highly enough. They are simply brilliant. But that's a different story and a different thread.)

Thanks for reply. Yes of 3 boats am interested in, 2 are owned by them ( Venetian ) and these have been surveyed by same surveyor.  Doesn't give me a lot of confidence, but then guess am just cynical. 

The 3rd sold under brokerage has no survey.  Which to be fair is my preferred boat.

3 hours ago, Norm55 said:

Thanks for reply. Yes of 3 boats am interested in, 2 are owned by them ( Venetian ) and these have been surveyed by same surveyor.  Doesn't give me a lot of confidence, but then guess am just cynical. 

The 3rd sold under brokerage has no survey.  Which to be fair is my preferred boat.

If you are really interested in one of thevother two boats, there ois s nothing to stop you commissioning your own survey on it.

Indeed, comparing the results between the surveys might prove very illuminating.