Newbie looking for advice on residential mooring for modern dutch houseboat

selena

Featured Posts

36 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

I quite like that one.  Not as a boat, obviously, but I quite like it.

Yes. Get rid of the caravan abomination and put a nice widebeam on that mooring instead. 

My God did I really just type that??!!

?

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Yes. Get rid of the caravan abomination and put a nice widebeam on that mooring instead. 

My God did I really just type that??!!

?

L&L short boat Severn was moored a 1/4 mile upstream ... just before Yarwood's Basin where all the old boats are.  Tim's former steamer Kennet was moored outside the basin and they were trying to work a pair back into there after the steam rally when I nearly crashed into them coming downstream ...

I don't know which two boats I nearly hit, because they were reversing into the basin entrance and the cabins were in the narrow bit, but I'm fairly sure the steerer needed new underwear!

Edited by TheBiscuits
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

L&L short boat Severn was moored a 1/4 mile upstream ... just before Yarwood's Basin where all the old boats are.  Tim's former steamer Kennet was moored outside the basin and they were trying to work a pair back into there after the steam rally when I nearly crashed into them coming downstream ...

I don't know which two boats I nearly hit, because they were reversing into the basin entrance and the cabins were in the narrow bit, but I'm fairly sure the steerer needed new underwear!

Severn is in Northwich Drydock at the moment

On 30/05/2019 at 23:29, TheBiscuits said:

I quite like that one.  Not as a boat, obviously, but I quite like it.

To be honest people live in worse things all over the country, I used to be one of them. As a quick for instance just look at the back of the foto, there are buildings consisting of red bricks and little windows. these inside will be sectioned off into little boxes for people to live in :o  people also actualy live in boring houses that dont even move and flood if the river rises too much!! Better, in fact moocho nicer to be in that floating box than the stagnant ones behind.

• Greenie 1

I think Mike hit the nail on the head, and it was the first thing I thought of when at Crick. In gravel pits they would work well, and do people really think we will be buying them from NL for long? no they might just take off here if the price is right and they call them eco floating homes ?