Which Cheshire Marina?

nikvah

Featured Posts

Hi All,

I have decided to move my annual mooring from near Napton Junction after 3 years, having become almost too familiar with the various cruising routes from there.

I have decided to re-familiarise myself with the North Western waterways and chosen Venetian Marina as my berth to be. If anyone know of any just cause or impediment etc. please speak now...

Thanks, Nikvah

Edited by nikvah
prose

3 hours ago, nikvah said:

Hi All,

I have decided to move my annual mooring from near Napton Junction after 3 years, having become almost too familiar with the various cruising routes from there.

I have decided to re-familiarise myself with the North Western waterways and chosen Venetian Marina as my berth to be. If anyone know of any just cause or impediment etc. please speak now...

Thanks, Nikvah

Nothing against Venetian except when we went to the cafe there a couple of years back the staff were at their wit's end and just couldn't cope - that's nothing to do with the marina though.

In case you haven't made a final decision, we are down the road at Aqueduct this year, which we were very impressed with.  It seems to be a very well run set up with all the usual facilities and I do like being on an independent marina where you can talk to the guy that actually owns it.  In our case it was a straightforward decision though as there are no berths under 50' at Venetian.  Also Aqueduct own a huge area of land around the marina which is great for dogs, and we managed to get a berth with really good access.  Price wise I think most marinas are all around the same level these days. 

2 hours ago, Neil2 said:

Nothing against Venetian except when we went to the cafe there a couple of years back the staff were at their wit's end and just couldn't cope - that's nothing to do with the marina though.

In case you haven't made a final decision, we are down the road at Aqueduct this year, which we were very impressed with.  It seems to be a very well run set up with all the usual facilities and I do like being on an independent marina where you can talk to the guy that actually owns it.  In our case it was a straightforward decision though as there are no berths under 50' at Venetian.  Also Aqueduct own a huge area of land around the marina which is great for dogs, and we managed to get a berth with really good access.  Price wise I think most marinas are all around the same level these days. 

2 hours ago, Neil2 said:

I suppose it depends what you want from a mooring, £400 a year for somewhere to walk the dog when there are miles of towpath. 

All I want from a marina is somewhere to leave the boat when I am not using it, somewhere to come back to when I like and also leave the car while I am boating. Don't think I have ever spent 3 consecutive nights in a marina and only a couple of times when moored at Napton/

On ‎29‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 21:18, The Bearwood Boster said:

Just to throw a spanner in the works,we are in Overwater-our first marina in 15 years of owning our boat.It's fab !?

We have moored at both Overwater and Aqueduct - 3 years at each - and they are both first class. They have a different feel but both marinas offer a standard of service and facilities which are hard to beat. The only slight downside is that they are both at the expensive end of the marina price bracket but equally they both bear out the adage that you get what you pay for. I would strongly recommend either of them.

Howard