What is your washing machine setup?

jetzi

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, ivan&alice said:

I got 150kg of stuff and around 450kg of friends to stand in the bow and move around as if they were water sloshing

This is why boaters should always cultivate some very large friends. Just don't let them know that they are mainly for ballast and trim trials. ?

Jen

• Haha 1

I have a cold fill washing machine (Aren't they all, these days?) but I certainly don't want to heat the water using the inverter so I have plumbed in a mixer tap using HW from the calorifier.  I can adjust the mixer to give a temperature appropriate to the clothes being washed.  I usually wait until the machine has done its first fill then turn down the mixer tap to cold for the rinses.  This sytem worked well for the 3 years that we were CCing.

N

We have a Zanussi compact washing machine fed by hot water. It is connected to an engine driven 240 5kva alternator. Because of the hot fill we normally do the washing in the morning because if we do it after a days cruising the very hot water will thermally shock the washing and shrink a lot of items

5 hours ago, ivan&alice said:

I'm distrustful of any washing machine or mode that takes less than 45-60 min for a wash, rinse and spin. Quick wash modes might be useful in a pinch but I don't believe they wash well enough to be my normal form of washing. 

Depends what you’re washing. For our regular washes of underwear, shirts and and t-shirts which have only been worn once then the 30 min 30 degree wash works fine. It’s not like there’s much grime to remove - just dead skin and sweat. When I wash my grubby gardening/car cleaning/painting/DIY jeans, jumpers etc then I’ll use a longer wash. 

• Greenie 2