Can't View New Content

Featured Posts

When I try to view New Content, it comes up with "There are no results to show in this activity stream yet "  Normally I get a list of topics, newest first.  Tried all the normal routes, still nothing. Any ideas?

I can get latest posts only by going to individual forums.

6 minutes ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

When I try to view New Content, it comes up with "There are no results to show in this activity stream yet "  Normally I get a list of topics, newest first.  Tried all the normal routes, still nothing. Any ideas?

I can get latest posts only by going to individual forums.

I'm the same. For me it started when I went to post something earlier this morning and as I did the whole site became unavailable. like you I can get to individual forums through the home page, but have no View New Content, nor do I have any activity in my personal profile page, none of my posts show there. 

This might be another one for Super Rich. 

ETA Oops, crossed posts - Super Rich is on the job. 

Edited by Tumshie

3 minutes ago, 1st ade said:

(I'm guessing there is a "offline page" which was last used for a shutdown in 2018)

Most probbly, and thrown upon a hurry because I don't think this was planned. 

25 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

Most probably, and thrown upon a hurry because I don't think this was planned.

I'm sure it wasn't planned - it was working earlier today!

I wonder if the page appears automatically if "X" happens (where "X" is a Oh $#!t moment in the web server)

Just now, Mac of Cygnet said:

I haven't had any of the stuff discussed above.

I don't have that "We'll be back soon" notice any more. I only had it earlier when I couldn't access the site. 

13 minutes ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

Is it a coincidence that all this happened just hours after those twin ogres Google and Microsoft were invited in?  https://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?/topic/101424-new-login-with-google-microsoft-accounts/

It was unrelated to that change.  Normally when we carry out site maintenance we will have a small list of tasks to do.

Unfortunately the issue with the site search was not expected and happened as a result of a server software update. I had to completely remove the search engine from the server, reinstall it and re-build the search index. I then had to do it all over again because the version of the ElasticSearch engine we applied was incompatible with the forum software, unbeknown to me... It would have helped if Invision published this info though I will take blame for it. :)