Rubbish around the propeller

Dunworkin

Featured Posts

On 02/06/2019 at 18:28, NB Esk said:

Picked this up on the Ashton, a couple of years back.  Wasn't the best time, day before it was a Duvet....:rolleyes:

IMG_0481.JPG

I guess the owner was tyred...

Edited by WotEver
Duplication

One o the worse things I have ever had on the prop was a few years ago during the Foot and Mouth outbreak. On the Huddersfield Narrow there were Carpets at both ends of each Lock which were soaked in disinfectant. The idea being you stepped into them if you left the lockside and so didn't transfer any disease between locations. They were staked down but somebody had thrown one into the canal. not only difficult to get through the weed hatch but very smelly, I was covered in the disinfectant by the time I had finished with it.

Edited by captain birdseye
Spelling errors

• 2 months later...

Hmmm, this has got me thinking about my latest probs with my stern tube and propshaft. The boatyard that was sorting out overheating and leaking water said that both of these needed replacing, but they are only 2 years old and the engine was realigned at the same time. We had a large volume of thick polythene wrapped around the propeller and also hit a submerged tree before we arrived at our mooring. I wonder if this would cause damage to the stern tube and propshaft?