Cross bed?

Featured Posts

Yes.

We took out the 'lengthways' bed as it wasn't wide enough.

Built a cross bed which was 6 foot wide (King size) and just over 6 foot long.

If you lie 'straight' and are tall you may need to have a slight diagonal but I am 6 foot and managed fine - I am a 'side sleeper (with my knees bent)

One of the best modifications we did to the boat.

Folds up and away in seconds complete with mattress and quilt and you have the 'corridor' back.

• Greenie 2

I don’t have a recommendation for a maker but bear in mind who sleeps which side, assuming you’re sharing your bed. 

If one of you visits the loo more in the night, you may need to swap the “headboard” end, so they can get out with climbing over the other person!

• Greenie 1

12 minutes ago, MHS said:

I don’t have a recommendation for a maker but bear in mind who sleeps which side, assuming you’re sharing your bed. 

If one of you visits the loo more in the night, you may need to swap the “headboard” end, so they can get out with climbing over the other person!

Or have a second toilet!

9 minutes ago, pearley said:

Or have a second toilet!

We used the spare 'porta-potty' on the 'non-toilet' side.

21 minutes ago, Jirmette said:

Brilliant thank you.

We need to find someone who'll make one for us, are there any recommendations please?

Any boatyard or 'chippy' should be able to do it - you'll need to think about the mattress as you'll need a new 'split' mattress in 2 pieces (2/3rds and 1/3rd) of the width of the boat (ie the length of the bed).

Quite a few 'marine' custom mattress manufacturers advertise in the boaty-magazines.

• Greenie 1