Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
canalboat

Job Opportunity

Featured Posts

22 minutes ago, nbfiresprite said:

Do you want this loon as PM?

My Gran used to say two wrongs don't make a right - I think this whole boorach is covered quite nicely by that saying. 

Edited by Tumshie

Talking of loons

"As recently as 2015, Johnson claimed that “global leaders were driven by a primitive fear that the present ambient warm weather is somehow caused by humanity; and that fear – as far as I understand the science – is equally without foundation.” He also wrote an article in 2013 suggesting the government should consider preparing for a mini-ice age caused by solar activity, drawing on a discredited theory by Piers Corbyn, who denies climate science. "  Guardian

On 25/05/2019 at 13:55, Phoenix_V said:

https://www.suffolkgazette.com/news/larry-downing-street-cat/

I’m in charge now, says Larry the Downing Street cat

Larry the Downing Street cat has reassured Britain that he is now running the country.

Just moments after Prime Minister Theresa May announced her resignation, Larry, 12, declared: “Don’t worry, Britain. I’m in charge now.”

image.png.691e81abd46d5c6d938c6f10d8fd55c4.png

Edited by Jennifer McM

In 1955 a mate of mine was after a job with plenty of time off. I suggested he became a Coronation day flag seller. :closedeyes:

Edited by bizzard

This one almost seems sensible, clearly in the wrong party, this from the Telegraph;

"Rory Stewart is different from the other Tory leadership contenders in just about every significant way. And just about every insignificant way, too. All the rest have launched their campaigns in the usual stuffy and soulless Westminster conference rooms. This evening, Mr Stewart launched his campaign in a crimson circus tent.

It sounds eccentric. But I’d rather say idiosyncratic. Because – apart from the odd semi-mystical flourish about “energy” and “the wisdom of humility” – Mr Stewart’s speech wasn’t dismissible as quirky or daft, an amusing little sideshow. It was serious. It showed intelligence, wit, maturity, and real feeling. It extolled such unfashionable conservative virtues as moderation, and the spirit of compromise, and economic prudence, and realism (“I’m a Conservative because I’m a realist… I’m a Conservative because I believe in prudence. In that, I’m more of a Conservative than anybody in this race”). And it elegantly dismantled what he called the “fairy stories” of both Jeremy Corbyn, and the leadership rivals who believe, or claim to believe, that a no-deal Brexit would be easy.

His way of answering questions marked him out from his rivals, too. He answers were direct, without the customary sneaky evasions; but they were also reflective, discursive, well structured, thought through. Not soundbites, but little off-the-cuff essays. More importantly than that, he didn’t simply tell the person in the audience what he or she wanted to hear.

[...]

He declined, but respectfully, and without the usual spluttering clichés about traitors and The Will of The People"

Whilst there have been a number of interesting and entertaining posts here (special commendation to Tumshie for the word "Boorach"), its subject matter is largely political, as a number of members have pointed out. So it is time for it to make its brexit.

Edited by NB Lola