Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
canalboat

Job Opportunity

Featured Posts

15 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

Boater Sam - Excellent choice, he would make a fantastic PM...... is he leave or remain?

On the fence, so pass him the lube

4 minutes ago, nbfiresprite said:

On the fence, so pass him the lube

? I don't think that's what fence posts are for..... 

?

Edited by Tumshie

28 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

? I don't think that's what fence posts are for..... 

?

You never know with these politicians, Look at the sheer number of sex scandals there have been over the years by MP's. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, nbfiresprite said:

You never know with these politicians, Look at the sheer number of sex scandals there have been over the years by MP's. 

And that's only the careless ones that have been caught! ?

https://www.suffolkgazette.com/news/larry-downing-street-cat/

I’m in charge now, says Larry the Downing Street cat

Larry the Downing Street cat has reassured Britain that he is now running the country.

Just moments after Prime Minister Theresa May announced her resignation, Larry, 12, declared: “Don’t worry, Britain. I’m in charge now.”

image.png.691e81abd46d5c6d938c6f10d8fd55c4.png

• Love 1

In a powerful address to the nation, he promised to bring a divided country back together.

He said: “This is the greatest honour that can come to any cat in a democracy. I know full well the responsibilities that await me as I enter the door of No. 10 and I’ll strive unceasingly to try to fulfil the trust and confidence that the British people have placed in me and the things in which I believe.

“And I would just like to remember some words of St. Francis of Assisi, which I think are really just particularly apt at the moment. ‘Where there is discord, may we bring harmony. Where there is error, may we bring truth. Where there is doubt, may we bring faith. Where there is despair, may we bring hope, and where there is an empty dish, may we bring Whiskas’.”

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, cuthound said:

And that's only the careless ones that have been caught! ?

couldn't you say the same thing about any cross-section of the population?

we are the mugs for expecting our politicians to be whiter than the driven snow.

I'm sure history tells us that the most forceful, determined and motivated people (who are likely to be the ones chosen by us to represent them) are also the most sexually scandalous.  so what?

3 minutes ago, Murflynn said:

couldn't you say the same thing about any cross-section of the population?

we are the mugs for expecting our politicians to be whiter than the driven snow.

I'm sure history tells us that the most forceful, determined and motivated people (who are likely to be the ones chosen by us to represent them) are also the most sexually scandalous.  so what?

Depends on the prevailing public morals at the time as John Profumi will verify 

Personally I think if you become a public figure you must expect more attention from the press. It comes with the turf. 

4 hours ago, Phoenix_V said:

https://www.suffolkgazette.com/news/larry-downing-street-cat/

I’m in charge now, says Larry the Downing Street cat

Larry the Downing Street cat has reassured Britain that he is now running the country.

Just moments after Prime Minister Theresa May announced her resignation, Larry, 12, declared: “Don’t worry, Britain. I’m in charge now.”

image.png.691e81abd46d5c6d938c6f10d8fd55c4.png

If we have Larry as PM, can he make a speech so we can have some more of Hot Sound Guy....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/video_and_audio/must_see/48405471/hotsoundguy-caused-excitement-on-social-media

iu.jpeg

• Haha 1

Already a long time resident of Number 10 Downing Street, Larry would settle into the role of Prime Minister much quicker than any other candidate. No removal van needed for our Larry, his worldly goods are already there. 
Larry is also happy to work for biscuits (literally), meaning that the PM's wages normally paid by the UK tax payer can be put towards something more useful like the NHS for example. 

If we can have a Prime Minister that was pretty much as useful as a bag of crisps then having a feline friend as our next leader can surely do no harm. 

His stance on mouse immigration might be a little extreme but Larry is loyal to his country and people and believes everyone deserves a comfy bed to sleep on and food when they want it.

In short Larry is the purrrrfect candidate for the next British PM...Well, better than those other jokers anyways.

VOTE LARRY FOR PM! 

Edited by nbfiresprite

2 hours ago, nbfiresprite said:

Already a long time resident of Number 10 Downing Street, Larry would settle into the role of Prime Minister much quicker than any other candidate. No removal van needed for our Larry, his worldly goods are already there. 
Larry is also happy to work for biscuits (literally), meaning that the PM's wages normally paid by the UK tax payer can be put towards something more useful like the NHS for example. 

If we can have a Prime Minister that was pretty much as useful as a bag of crisps then having a feline friend as our next leader can surely do no harm. 

His stance on mouse immigration might be a little extreme but Larry is loyal to his country and people and believes everyone deserves a comfy bed to sleep on and food when they want it.

In short Larry is the purrrrfect candidate for the next British PM...Well, better than those other jokers anyways.

VOTE LARRY FOR PM! 

arrogant looking b*gger ain't he?

18 minutes ago, Murflynn said:

arrogant looking b*gger ain't he?

Would you rather have the Ukip cat ' Hermann' as PM?

Ukip Cat.jpg

Edited by nbfiresprite

40 minutes ago, nbfiresprite said:

Would you rather have the Ukip cat ' Hermann' as PM?

Ukip Cat.jpg

'sall black an' white innit?

bleedin' racists.

On 25/05/2019 at 21:49, Murflynn said:

'sall black an' white innit?

bleedin' racists.

How do you known he's a racist? Or is it just that he looks like a certain Austria House Painter?

From the Daily mash

"NIGEL Farage has announced that he has entered the race to lead the Conservative party. 

The politician and leader of Nigel Farage vehicle the Brexit Party threw his hat in the ring last night and is already out-polling his five closest rivals put together.

A Tory insider said: “The rest of them may as well drop out now. Nige’s got this.

“The membership loves him, the electorate loves him, the camera loves him. Petty restrictions like ‘being the leader of a rival party’ simply melt away.

“He’s promised a good-humoured purge of the ranks, a jolly afternoon-pint no-deal Brexit and the subsequent naughty-little-fag-outside imposition of reporting restrictions and transition to martial law.”

Voter Martin Bishop said: “I seem to remember another man in charge of a minority populist party who couldn’t win elections but got made leader regardless, then things went a bit wrong.

“1930s Germany, this was. Funny looking chap, little moustache. I wish I could remember his name. Never mind, it’s probably not important.”"

59 minutes ago, Phoenix_V said:

From the Daily mash

"NIGEL Farage has announced that he has entered the race to lead the Conservative party. 

The politician and leader of Nigel Farage vehicle the Brexit Party threw his hat in the ring last night and is already out-polling his five closest rivals put together.

A Tory insider said: “The rest of them may as well drop out now. Nige’s got this.

“The membership loves him, the electorate loves him, the camera loves him. Petty restrictions like ‘being the leader of a rival party’ simply melt away.

“He’s promised a good-humoured purge of the ranks, a jolly afternoon-pint no-deal Brexit and the subsequent naughty-little-fag-outside imposition of reporting restrictions and transition to martial law.”

Voter Martin Bishop said: “I seem to remember another man in charge of a minority populist party who couldn’t win elections but got made leader regardless, then things went a bit wrong.

1930s Germany, this was. Funny looking chap, little moustache. I wish I could remember his name. Never mind, it’s probably not important.”"

Charlie Chaplin?

• image.jpeg.3ebb54b745ed860ddb25974071f186c1.jpeg

Edited by Ray T

3 hours ago, Phoenix_V said:

From the Daily mash

“1930s Germany, this was. Funny looking chap, little moustache. I wish I could remember his name. Never mind, it’s probably not important.”"

Heil Hermann

Ukip Cat.jpg

Edited by nbfiresprite

4 hours ago, nbfiresprite said:

Heil Hermann

Ukip Cat.jpg

Purr Hitler

On 25/05/2019 at 17:36, cuthound said:

Depends on the prevailing public morals at the time as John Profumi will verify 

Was there more than one of him? :giggles:

• Haha 1