History? What history?

zenataomm

Featured Posts

12 hours ago, alan_fincher said:

Well to be fai the first of these is "IN ORIGIONAL CONDITON"!

Pointing out others' spelling mistakes rarely goes well, lol!

Edited by Mike the Boilerman
  • Haha 2

We need Tony Robinson to narrate a program about these "histeric" articles. On one Time Team dig in Wales they found a wide range of articles, but as they excavated below one they found 20th century barbed wire ! 

4 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

So what do you make of this, I saw it in France

P5110020small.jpg

I would say it depends how it was being described, but to my eye it is just a chest with roses painted on it in a classical style - nothing to do with British canals and their 'traditional heritage'.

'Traditional heritage' is a funny thing as the people selling most of the rubbish claiming to be bargeware / canalware on the back of it being traditional are the ones who are directly responsible for slowly killing it. There are very few left who are genuinely interested in traditional boating and the high quality equipment required to go boating, and those that are interested are massively outnumbered by those who have no interest in canal history at all :captain:

• Greenie 2

25 minutes ago, pete harrison said:

I would say it depends how it was being described, but to my eye it is just a chest with roses painted on it in a classical style - nothing to do with British canals and their 'traditional heritage'.

'Traditional heritage' is a funny thing as the people selling most of the rubbish claiming to be bargeware / canalware on the back of it being traditional are the ones who are directly responsible for slowly killing it. There are very few left who are genuinely interested in traditional boating and the high quality equipment required to go boating, and those that are interested are massively outnumbered by those who have no interest in canal history at all :captain:

This wasn't for sale, just sitting on the table at a farm we visited 

7 hours ago, Heartland said:

We need Tony Robinson to narrate a program about these "histeric" articles. On one Time Team dig in Wales they found a wide range of articles, but as they excavated below one they found 20th century barbed wire ! 

One of the best Timeteams too. Proved the fakery.

2 hours ago, pete harrison said:

A couple off a canal cruiser  today asked me why the front of the boat was  planked and had no cabin on it. When i told them it was still capable of cargo carrying their response was ‘ what are you talking about?’ I suspect  they are older than i am. 

Strangely their interpretation ( recent and clearly expensive had both ‘buckby cans ‘ and rose and castle panels.

45 minutes ago, roland elsdon said:

A couple off a canal cruiser  today asked me why the front of the boat was  planked and had no cabin on it. When i told them it was still capable of cargo carrying their response was ‘ what are you talking about?’ I suspect  they are older than i am. 

Strangely their interpretation ( recent and clearly expensive had both ‘buckby cans ‘ and rose and castle panels.

You should have told them it was Michael Flatleys boat ,that was the dance floor and you were delivering it around the network for his latest Riverdance On the Canals tour.

The only dancing that happened today was my bloody 200 quid 6 week old garmin bike computer that danced out of my pocket into the cut at cropredy.

No not waterproof  non magnetic and doesnt float.

Whats worse was we had ventured off the boat to cycle ‘home’ to vote in one of the most rotten tory/ ukip constituencies in the country.

Just checked price because of the may tory pratfest they have gone up since april

• Horror 1

1 hour ago, roland elsdon said:

The only dancing that happened today was my bloody 200 quid 6 week old garmin bike computer that danced out of my pocket into the cut at cropredy.

No not waterproof  non magnetic and doesnt float.

Whats worse was we had ventured off the boat to cycle ‘home’ to vote in one of the most rotten tory/ ukip constituencies in the country.

Just checked price because of the may tory pratfest they have gone up since april

So, ummm..... which way was you gonna vote??

:giggles:

On 22/05/2019 at 21:16, zenataomm said:

How long before the fake history overtakes known or real history?

WTF 1?

WTF 2?

Or has that happened already?

The second one is mis-described. It's actually a cocoa sifter, used by the olde time boatman when making Cappuccinos.

• Greenie 1