Lister HR3

hughc

Featured Posts

Lister HR3 very low hours ex-standby engine. Borg Warner 2:1 box on flywheel end connected via genuine Lister bell Housing. This engine is on full length heavy gauge steel beds ready to be welded into boat. Electric Start. £1500. Regards  HughC.

This sounds phenomenally good value - well, frankly, too cheap!

Sellers I was trying to deal with a while back would all have wanted massively more for a low hours ex generator engine.

Unfortunately i now have three HAs and only two boats, so couldn't justify another Lister.

I can't see you still having that for long - good luck with the sale!

Just now, Mike the Boilerman said:

I feel your pain.....

Yes it's terrible owning engines that just start at the simple push of a button, and which will run  all day without a hiccup.

If only I had gone for something needing a blowlamp that suffered melt down a few weeks later....................

......... actually trying to force a 72 foot working boat up the Rochdale, (some even claim it to have been fully restored, but we are not seeing the evidence!), I'll stick with an "H" series, thanks!

4 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

If only I had gone for something needing a blowlamp that suffered melt down a few weeks later....................

I was getting several MONTHS of use out of the Skandia between big end failures, I'll have you know!!!

Starting it with a blowlamp was all part of the fun. An engine oozing personality....

Now remind me how much you spent rebuilding your Listers to make them start at the press of the button, I've forgotten!

(Never mind all the gearbox problems :giggles: )

We should both be running Mitsubishis if ultimate reliability was the goal, I'm sure you'll agree. 

42 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I was getting several MONTHS of use out of the Skandia between big end failures, I'll have you know!!!

Starting it with a blowlamp was all part of the fun. An engine oozing personality....

Now remind me how much you spent rebuilding your Listers to make them start at the press of the button, I've forgotten!

(Never mind all the gearbox problems :giggles: )

We should both be running Mitsubishis if ultimate reliability was the goal, I'm sure you'll agree. 

I don't remember your current engine being much fuss to start

3 minutes ago, RLWP said:

I don't remember your current engine being much fuss to start

It initially starts on one cylinder, then the other starts firing after 30 seconds or a minute. 

Does this less in the warm weather though.

4 minutes ago, RLWP said:

Not so fast - we are trying to establish if this is user error

User error?  Using the wrong engine, do you mean?

But I think we should get back to the original topic.......

If you want a superbly reliable and efficient engine, I strongly look at the excellent unit that Hugh is offering at a bargain price!

26 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Another boat,?????

Good suggestion, but the third boat I have in mind already has a perfectly good H series Lister!

2 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

If you want a superbly reliable and efficient engine, I strongly look at the excellent unit that Hugh is offering at a bargain price!

But get a spare just in case, as Alan did.

You never know when you might need it. 

:giggles: