Checking Browser ???

Featured Posts

@RichM Help please. 

The other day when I opened CWDF on my iPad for a few seconds before it opened I got a white screen with a message on it saying

"checking your browser before accessing canalworld(dot)net"

DDoS protection by cloudflare

Ray ID

I opened the site page on my MacBook and got the same message, just briefly they didn't last long, and then CWDF opened as usual. 

I just wondered why this happened, is it something that CWDF triggered from behind the scenes or is it something else...... Are we prone to DDoS attacks, I can't imagine why..... And what it a Ray ID?

I have a screen shot from my iPad but until I know what a Ray ID is then I don't want to post it online. 

19 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

@RichM Help please. 

The other day when I opened CWDF on my iPad for a few seconds before it opened I got a white screen with a message on it saying

Ray ID

I opened the site page on my MacBook and got the same message, just briefly they didn't last long, and then CWDF opened as usual. 

I just wondered why this happened, is it something that CWDF triggered from behind the scenes or is it something else...... Are we prone to DDoS attacks, I can't imagine why..... And what it a Ray ID?

I have a screen shot from my iPad but until I know what a Ray ID is then I don't want to post it online. 

I used to have a Ray gun, when I was a kid.  It was ace. ?

6 minutes ago, NB Esk said:

I used to have a Ray gun, when I was a kid.  It was ace. ?

So is the Ray ID the bit you had to tipex out if you wanted to use to to commit a crime, Bugsy Malone style. 

1 hour ago, Tumshie said:

@RichM Help please. 

Ray ID

I've had it as well.

11 minutes ago, RichM said:

This is a security feature we use to help prevent spam bots and various other attacks on Canal World. You may see it from time to time. Nothing to worry about. 

Thank you - And thanks for getting back so quickly. :D

12 minutes ago, bizzard said:

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt.

I think it's quite obvious that I'm an idiot., and my keeping quite isn't going to remove any doubt of that - it just means less people might know. Which would only matter if I actually cared. :D

• Greenie 1
  • Happy 1

4 hours ago, Tumshie said:

I think it's quite obvious that I'm an idiot.,

Its perfectly obvious you are anything but!

I bet not many Bogles can type as well as you can... let alone construct a coherent case to support their point of view. AMAZING. Human, almost....

:hug: 

• Haha 1