Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Featured Posts

Just now, Tumshie said:

Wow it's still really light up here. 

Wot in Bedford?

Just now, rusty69 said:

Wot in Bedford?

I know, Eh?  I have no idea how that happened - I just woke up one morning and I'd magically moved house. :huh:

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

I know, Eh?  I have no idea how that happened - I just woke up one morning and I'd magically moved house. :huh:

Went there in the boat once........didn't like it!

12 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

The trick there then I guess, is to raise an 'item not received' dispute when it ought to have arrived, rather than just ask the seller for a refund and get fobbed off while he posts it. 

Yes I did that when some batteries I ordered did not arrive. Initially I wrote to the seller, but did not recieve a reply, so I submitted a non delivery dispute, and got my money back from eBay. I also left a negative feedback , along with about twenty other people all of whom did not recieve their goods. eBay removed him from their list of sellers.

On 22/05/2019 at 12:16, KevMc said:

Before I moved onto da boat I used to buy my books in a proper shop .... you can't beat browsing in a book shop.. but once space became a premium I got a Kindle and read all sorts of stuff from Amazon .... I have bought a couple of real books from them in the last year or so ... usually as presents or because I specifically wanted a hard copy....

.... and much as I like the convenience of Amazon for so many things - I can't see me doing the weekly shop online as I want to see what I eat before paying for it. It might end up being their step too far.

I get my main order from Asda every week just edit it during the week as a shopping list. They send you the best on the shelves, you can reject it or get a refund if not happy which is better than Morrisons,

You easily find the special offers,  I reckin to save  £5.00 a week. I only buy the best stuff, never that "value" cheapo, saves time, and with no car, it's great for bottled water and toilet rolls in bulk, easy to find cheapest water/litre.

Edited by LadyG

On 22/05/2019 at 09:52, Tumshie said:

I don't buy from eBay so I'm obviously missing something here.......

That's how most retail works, innit?

Here's the bit I don't understand...

1) You bought a thing.

2)You received the thing.

3)Now you want your money back for the thing. 

I get that the item took longer than you would like to arrive with you or got lost in the post, but you did get the item; so what is the scam?

You received the item, it was as it should be, so if you want to return it then you have to pay the return postage, this is not unusual, from my experience. 

So I must be missing something cos I don't understand where the scam it, and I would be interested to know.

I needed the weedkiller for a garden, I had to buy it locally, I am left with some I don;t need. He posted it after I had cmplaned, and I told him I had to buy it locally. He started off saying he would do a part refund but he never did.

2 minutes ago, LadyG said:

I needed the weedkiller for a garden, I had to buy it locally, I am left with some I don;t need. He posted it after I had cmplaned, and I told him I had to buy it locally. He started off saying he would do a part refund but he never did.

Oh right, I see. 

1 hour ago, nbfiresprite said:

Things do go missing in transit.

I buy dozens of things online, some expensive, some cheap. Most arrive on time. The only thing in the last year that hasn’t turned up was a £1.50 packet of 10 little plastic fasteners. I’ve contacted the seller ;)

1 hour ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

The trick there then I guess, is to raise an 'item not received' dispute when it ought to have arrived, rather than just ask the seller for a refund and get fobbed off while he posts it. 

That's the policy I've now adopted if it doesn't arrive within 14 days of my ordering it then I just raise a 'item not received' and get an eBay refund, no protracted discussions with seller at all. 

If the item does arrive after the 14 days then that is the sellers problem to resolve not mine, using Argos click and collect makes this policy easier to follow as they will, as I stated in an earlier post, make the return automatically after 7 days. 

Just a point to note I find it a lot easier to make an ebay claim rather than a PayPal claim, PayPal is a bit convoluted and it takes longer to get your money back. 

Edited by reg

31 minutes ago, WotEver said:

I buy dozens of things online, some expensive, some cheap. Most arrive on time. The only thing in the last year that hasn’t turned up was a £1.50 packet of 10 little plastic fasteners. I’ve contacted the seller ;)

Only had two items go missing so far this year. An 20 amp battery charger which diappeared on route, tracking went at far as Sheffield after which it disappeared from tracking. The second item arrived at the Cambridge Argos store where it went missing, as well I called into collect it. Not to be found. Had a problem with both the seller and Ebay over that one.    

10 hours ago, LadyG said:

I get my main order from Asda every week just edit it during the week as a shopping list. They send you the best on the shelves, you can reject it or get a refund if not happy which is better than Morrisons,

You easily find the special offers,  I reckin to save  £5.00 a week. I only buy the best stuff, never that "value" cheapo, saves time, and with no car, it's great for bottled water and toilet rolls in bulk, easy to find cheapest water/litre.

you buy your water in bottles ?

no wonder the world is spiralling into disaster.

45 minutes ago, Murflynn said:

Save plastic - buy your water 'loose'.

In Cambodia if you buy a can of 'pop' the seller opens it and tips it into a sort of waxed paper bag and gives you a paper straw - its no use explaining you want it for later, they 'make more' from selling the cans for re-cycling than he does from selling the 'pop'.

2 hours ago, Murflynn said:

PS: the cheapest water/litre is available in the tap.  most places have one,  ......  in England that is.  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Save plastic - buy your water 'loose'.

In Cambodia if you buy a can of 'pop' the seller opens it and tips it into a sort of waxed paper bag and gives you a paper straw - its no use explaining you want it for later, they 'make more' from selling the cans for re-cycling than he does from selling the 'pop'.

in India, even in the poshest hotels, water is served at the dining table in those large plastic bottles - woe betide the guest who doesn't check the seal hasn't been broken, or who allows the waiter to break the seal...............   guaranteed delly belly for a week.        The bar staff prob'ly get a commission for re-filling each bottle from the tap and charging $1 for it.

3 minutes ago, Murflynn said:

PS: the cheapest water/litre is available in the tap.  most places have one,  ......  in England that is.  :rolleyes:

<rant>

But tap water is simply not good enough for some.

This is the reason Perrier and Evian bottled water gained traction in the 80's with yuppies IIRC. Nowadays having established the principle that refusing to drink tap water in favour of stuff in bottles shows one up as being a better and more discerning human being than those who can't tell the difference, Perrier and Evian have gifted us the idea that ANY water in bottles no matter how cheap and  is somehow better than tap. So now we have people drinking bottled water but choosing it entirely on price, when the best quality water is piped straight into they house. A triumph of marketing over common sense. 

</rant>

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

<rant>

This is the reason Perrier and Evian bottled water gained traction in the 80's with yuppies IIRC. Nowadays having established the principle that refusing to drink tap water in favour of stuff in bottles shows one up as being a better and more discerning human being than those who can't tell the difference, Perrier and Evian have gifted us the idea that ANY water in bottles no matter how cheap and  is somehow better than tap. So now we have people drinking bottled water but choosing it entirely on price, when the best quality water is piped straight into they house. A triumph of marketing over common sense. 

</rant>

eau dear.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

eau dear.

Dear eau

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

<rant>

</rant>

Remember Del Boy's Peckham Water ? (Christmas Special 1992)

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Remember Del Boy's Peckham Water ? (Christmas Special 1992)

Or indeed the ‘scandal’ when it was revealed that Coca-Cola filled their water bottles from the tap. Where do folk think bottled water comes from?

It was dark here last night, andI mean, it's summer.

6 hours ago, rusty69 said:

eau dear.

I don't need to be told that re-cycled piss is not good for me, well mine is OK, but I draw the line at re-cycled Londers piss 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Where do folk think bottled water comes from?

The Peckham Spring ......TIT.:)

ETA. Beaten by Mr Deenfield yet again.......darn that fiendish man. Grrrrrr

Edited by rusty69