3 mobile broadband - Issues with speeds and connection

Paringa

Featured Posts

The last week i have been having trouble with my 3 mifi data connection.

I have previously had great download speeds even in fringe areas and enjoyed streaming movies on my unlimited plan. Now even in areas where i am getting a good signal my download speeds have been very slow - less than 1 Mb a second up and down - and dropping out so often i have to reconnect multiple times making it unusable. 3 coverage checker and network status is saying there are issues in the areas i have visited which is basically up and down the Thames. I am convinced the fault is not with my Mifi, sim or aerial but it could be. My Huawei mifi page is displaying good signal and nothing has changed in the settings.

I have tried customer services and they do say they are doing engineering works on a fault in Staines, but i have had trouble in Windsor, Marlow and Reading this week.

Anyone else had these issues with 3 specifically along the Thames Valley?

Thanks muchly

Edited by Paringa

7 minutes ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

turning the Mifi gadget off and on again? Surprising how often it works.

I'm not quite sure why but turning mine off and back on again has never worked - I've always had to take the battery out the back, wait a few seconds and then put it back in again, then turn it back on. Brain fart over normal service resumed. Or at least when I say normal...........

2 minutes ago, Tumshie said:

I'm not quite sure why but turning mine off and back on again has never worked - I've always had to take the battery out the back, wait a few seconds and then put it back in again, then turn it back on. Brain fart over normal service resumed. Or at least when I say normal...........

Good point. With some gadgets off doesn't really mean off and yanking out the battery is the only way to do a proper "engineer reset".

Jen

• Greenie 1

Maybe the Three network has become overwhelmed by all the unlimited data whizzing through the ether. This has happened before when Three offered unlimited data. I think I'll stick with my limited (to 100 Gbytes per month) package on Virgin.

31 minutes ago, Alway Swilby said:

Maybe the Three network has become overwhelmed by all the unlimited data whizzing through the ether. This has happened before when Three offered unlimited data. I think I'll stick with my limited (to 100 Gbytes per month) package on Virgin.

This is why the canals need dredging so much. It isn't mud, it is all those 4G ones and zeros falling in and silting them up.

Jen?

• Greenie 2
  • Haha 1

Is it the last six days. Co-incidently the day I started my unlimited, but also when I turned off BT? 

I'm quite happy with my Huawei plus THREE unlimited [did I really say that ............... I'm a Geek!]

Edited by LadyG

I have bought a phone to go with the ASDA mobile contract, but I want to use my same phone number, and have the asda number on my EE phone on PAYG.

I think I have sent for a few free data sims from ASDA , not sure what I am supposed to do with them.

What I want is my asda mobile deal with my existing phone number.

and put a new [asda?] phone number on my EE samsung.

I;ve tried to get a pac number from EE, what do I do with it?

There is a certain urgency as the best deals with asda mobile are time limited.

Edited by LadyG

2 hours ago, LadyG said:

I have bought a phone to go with the ASDA mobile contract, but I want to use my same phone number, and have the asda number on my EE phone on PAYG.

I think I have sent for a few free data sims from ASDA , not sure what I am supposed to do with them.

What I want is my asda mobile deal with my existing phone number.

and put a new [asda?] phone number on my EE samsung.

I;ve tried to get a pac number from EE, what do I do with it?

There is a certain urgency as the best deals with asda mobile are time limited.

Ask in store? I have generally found them helpful - after all the geeks there get tired of dealing with the very simple needs of most of their customers and they enjoy a bit of a challenge - just so long as they know how to fix it!

Normally you give the PAC code to the new provider and your number moves to them pdq. Several (most? all?) now have an automated online system for transferring numbers. 

2 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

Have you heard the news today

Yes and pi$$ed off I am

My Huawei tablet will only now get security updates and not the next version of Android just because some right wing megalomaniac wants to protect his countries products, as if Apple need protecting.

15 minutes ago, Loddon said:

Yes and pi$$ed off I am

My Huawei tablet will only now get security updates and not the next version of Android just because some right wing megalomaniac wants to protect his countries products, as if Apple need protecting.

Hey do you think this is why my alternator light won't go out??

40 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Hey do you think this is why my alternator light won't go out??

Is it a smart alternator with its own internet presence?

Do you know it's IP address ;)

• 2 weeks later...

On ‎19‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 20:14, Alway Swilby said:

This i think is nearer to what is happening.

We now have a new Mifi and despite a excellent signal the download speeds are nowhere near what they were when we started the unlimited plan nearly a year ago. 3 have admitted to engineering works and network issues so I hope it is only temporary as a symptom of upgrading the network for 5G or whatever... We shall see. Thanks.

Edited by Paringa
To add my thanks for the other suggestions