Innovation in narrow boats

Featured Posts

15 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Caldwell Windows and Channel Glaze (to name but 2)n seem to think it's feasible - they make windows with a groove in the frame for this purpose. I have these and it appears Matty (see above) does too - in fact, I thought this idea was so ubiquitous I'm wondering if anyone here doesn't have this feature in their reasonably modern narrowboat windows.

Another 'brilliant invention' I've come up with that someone has beaten me too...

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, WotEver said:

For the purposes of the joke I would argue that it does. 

For the purposes of a joke, any such arguement rather undermines the humorous aspect. :P

Edited by Sea Dog
Double post

10 hours ago, Ghemmie said:

Another 'brilliant invention' I've come up with that someone has beaten me too...

And they don't work on my Channelglaze boat windows because the groove size is appropriate to vertical caravan windows which is what they really are, not angled boat windows. They are ***p.

46 minutes ago, Glynn said:

Well I never... ?

Still seems pretty pointless -- having a short section in the living room a foot or so wider from waist level upwards doesn't solve any of the real width issues on a narrowboat like beds, seating either side of a table, wider comfortable living room seating across or along the boat, bigger non-walk-through bathroom...

17 hours ago, IanD said:

Well I never... ?

Still seems pretty pointless -- having a short section in the living room a foot or so wider from waist level upwards doesn't solve any of the real width issues on a narrowboat like beds, seating either side of a table, wider comfortable living room seating across or along the boat, bigger non-walk-through bathroom...

However, should you want to prove folk wrong and actually swing a cat...  ;)

• Greenie 1

19 hours ago, IanD said:

Well I never... ?

Trading against the towpath maybe.

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

However, should you want to prove folk wrong and actually swing a cat...  ;)

If you're into those kind of S&M shenanigans you probably don't want to be doing them in front of a bay window... ?

17 minutes ago, IanD said:

If you're into those kind of S&M shenanigans you probably don't want to be doing them in front of a bay window... ?

Or of course you might want to be doing them in front...

The world's full of odd people  :)