Could have been an expensive mooring

dor

Featured Posts

Not fit for purpose. Currently cruising on a short term licence while I get a BSS cert. Got a threatening email today about fines and removal as they say it isn't licensed! Eh? At the bottom of the email is a paragraph that says if the boat is licensed on a short term licence I have to phone them up to sort it out. WTF? The short term licence and the dates it is valid are in the windows on both sides of the boat. While I am out on the cut they expect me to beg them to acknowledge I have paid. Utterly useless as an organisation.

• Greenie 1

16 minutes ago, BilgePump said:

Not fit for purpose. Currently cruising on a short term licence while I get a BSS cert. Got a threatening email today about fines and removal as they say it isn't licensed! Eh? At the bottom of the email is a paragraph that says if the boat is licensed on a short term licence I have to phone them up to sort it out. WTF? The short term licence and the dates it is valid are in the windows on both sides of the boat. While I am out on the cut they expect me to beg them to acknowledge I have paid. Utterly useless as an organisation.

So why not get the BSS and sort it all out in one go?

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

because I wanted to get in the water asap and have self certified it's safe (you can do this for up to 56 days). This is not a big narrowboat, it's a small cabin cruiser with outboard, no gas or electrics. They offer the option, I pay for it, why the fuc* should I have to then try to prove I have bought something that they offer but their left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing? The short term licence, self certed is tied to the index number (an index number thay made me get before I got the short term licence) but their systems flag boats with no long term licence. I am waiting for the BSS examiner next week and then can go long term but the system is broken. Don't even asdk me about watersidemoorings.com

14 minutes I'm booked in for. You are talking to me as though I'm, a freeloader. It is £32 per week for short term licence for a 19 foot boat. That is one and a half times the price of a 60' narrowboat on yearly. Do you think I'm such an idiot I won't be on a long term as soon as the BSS comes through?

• Greenie 1

10 hours ago, dor said:

So I ring CRT customer services, saying I want to cancel my direct debits and pay for my licence and mooring by credit card (and made it clear that this is because they are reducing the prompt payment discount and because they wanted to take the DD on the 15th May instead of sometime in the first week of June as previously).

This is exactly the action the changes are intended to provoke, so CRT will be delighted with your decision.

• Greenie 1