Anyone know who made these windows?

RichLech

Featured Posts

I wonder if anyone can tell me who made these windows. My boat was built in 2005 and they are fairy basic windows. As the pictures show, the rubber strips that cover the fixing screws have shrunk a lot over the years and I would like to replace them. Also, several of the little plastic bits that cover the drain holes have been lost. 

Can anyone point me towards a supplier who may have produced the windows, or alternatively to a supplier who is likely to be able to provide the parts that I need. 

Thanks

IMG_0125.JPG

IMG_0127.JPG

11 hours ago, trackman said:

I have very similar windows and got replacement seal strip from Seals Direct on line. Sold by the metre. I had to measure the width of the existing as they have various sizes

I was going to suggest the same. Older caravans use a similar cover strip on all the drip strips and it’s common to replace metres of the stuff. 

The windows on my boat are Caldwell's from 2007. They use a similar sealing strip to cover the fixing screws. Easier to identify as there is a label with the manufacturer and phone/fax number on the inside. A fax number dates it rather! Spares are available. The sealing strip is a good idea, neat, but easy to remove to access the screws. I find I tend to catch the end  of the strips with a trouser leg and pull it out when walking the gunwales. Have to pop them all back in place every so often.

Jen

7 hours ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

The windows on my boat are Caldwell's from 2007. They use a similar sealing strip to cover the fixing screws. Easier to identify as there is a label with the manufacturer and phone/fax number on the inside. A fax number dates it rather! Spares are available. The sealing strip is a good idea, neat, but easy to remove to access the screws. I find I tend to catch the end  of the strips with a trouser leg and pull it out when walking the gunwales. Have to pop them all back in place every so often.

Jen

Why are you carrying a pair of trousers down the gunwale,just asking????