Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
matty40s

USA shuts the networks, intruders expected

Featured Posts

Trump has announce that the USA is shutting down access to the Intrancontinental computer networks as a National Emergency....

does this mean that there is a massive attack expected, or is he just limiting USA citizens to the world they should know about - the USA - nothing else matters.

• Greenie 1

World wide web extends as far as the world series.

13 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Trump has announce that the USA is shutting down access to the Intrancontinental computer networks as a National Emergency....

does this mean that there is a massive attack expected, or is he just limiting USA citizens to the world they should know about - the USA - nothing else matters.

Aliens mate, they're on their way👍

16 minutes ago, matty40s said:

That has always been the case with US media. The only foreign counties you hear about inside America are whichever one they are currently dropping bombs on and the one they'll be dropping bombs on next.

I suspect he is just flexing his muscles, you can expect to lose GPS military  precision any time he has occasion to throw toys out of pram.

1 minute ago, LadyG said:

I suspect he is just flexing his muscles, you can expect to lose GPS military  precision any time he has occasion to throw toys out of pram.

Good reason for having the Galileo system then, with a US President you cannot trust.

• Greenie 1

Trump is either very clever and knows stuff that nobody else knows..............................  Or he is a raving idiot.

I know which one I favour.

• Greenie 1

I’ve seen nothing about this. Do you have a link?

2 hours ago, LadyG said:

you can expect to lose GPS military  precision any time

He daren't (OK - he would be "unwise") - owing to supply difficulties most of the US military uses civilian GPS sets... (OK - the big ships use full spec military but the landing craft that leave those big ships use GPS designed for yachtsmen) 

8 hours ago, LadyG said:

I doubt it would have much effect, even my 'civilian' GPS works with either :

WAAS (USA) System or

EGNOS (European) System, or

GLONASS (Russian) System

It just finds the best signals and locks onto them.

My PLB uses the COSPAS / SARSAT satellites for location.

9 hours ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

The only foreign counties you hear about inside America ........

does that include Surrey ?

2 minutes ago, Murflynn said:

does that include Surrey ?

Only if it has a 'fringe on top'

Chicks and ducks and geese better scurry
When I take you out in the surrey
When I take you out in the surrey
With the fringe on top
Watch that fringe and see how it flutters
When I drive them high steppin' strutters
Nosey pokes'll peek thru their shutters
And their eyes will pop
The wheels are yellow, the upholstery's brown
The dashboard's genuine leather
With isinglass curtains y' can roll right down
In case there's a change in the weather
Two bright sidelights winkin' and blinkin'
Ain't no finer rig I'm a thinkin'
You can keep your rig if you're thinkin'
'At I'd care to swap
For that shiny little surrey
With the
Edited by Alan de Enfield

9 hours ago, dor said:

Trump is either very clever and knows stuff that nobody else knows..............................  Or he is a raving idiot.

I know which one I favour.

Raving idiot, paranoid narcissist, borderline psychopath, crook. liar, also president of the USA . Oh dear.  Shush. is that a helicopter I can hear circling over my house?

When I lived there as a kid my dad had some in the garage.  I don't know if it was ever 'discovered'.  Who would be trying to discover it?   Was it illegal to keep oil?

I live in Surrey but when I dig my garden I don't find oil. I have removed a lot of ground elder roots this week though.

The BBC article seems to me to be about Trump's ongoing trade war with China and especially the US imposing restrictions on Huawei, due to suspicions about espionage. I don't think he's stopping US citizens from using the Internet to reach foreign websites, just limiting Huawei's access to US IT networks and technology.

19 minutes ago, Peter X said:

I live in Surrey but when I dig my garden I don't find oil. I have removed a lot of ground elder roots this week though.

The BBC article seems to me to be about Trump's ongoing trade war with China and especially the US imposing restrictions on Huawei, due to suspicions about espionage. I don't think he's stopping US citizens from using the Internet to reach foreign websites, just limiting Huawei's access to US IT networks and technology.

Your elder roots come up ready ground do they? we have to grind our own:rolleyes:

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, Wanderer Vagabond said:

Your elder roots come up ready ground do they? we have to grind our own:rolleyes:

The elder ones tend to be easily ground, it's the younger (and more tender ones) that take the most grinding.

• Greenie 1

can't beat a good bit of grinding.  ................  'speshully early in the morning.

......   just sayin'    :boat:

What are you lot like? Not elder, the tree; I have ground elder in my garden, a very pesky weed that spreads rapidly by a network of roots. This stuff:

https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?pid=215

Unfortunately my neighbour on one side has no interest in gardening and it invades under the fence. Along with stinging nettles, bindweed etc.