Stepladder: short and stable

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, LadyG said:

Looking for small steps, maybe four steps and a hand rail to hold, I can't find any that do not have a very critical review.

Try a caravan shop, or maybe more common for 'static caravans'.

This sort of thing :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STATIC-CARAVAN-STEPS-1-2-3-Or-4-Tread-Pick-Up-Only-/283424609831?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10

8 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Try a caravan shop, or maybe more common for 'static caravans'.

This sort of thing :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STATIC-CARAVAN-STEPS-1-2-3-Or-4-Tread-Pick-Up-Only-/283424609831?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10

Err, no not anything like that......................

I am often misunderstood, but I thought I covered it in the title.

They are for decorating, the hand rail to be higher than, but parallel to, the steps. :)

Edited by LadyG

54 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Err, no not anything like that......................

I am often misunderstood, but I thought I covered it in the title.

They are for decorating, the hand rail to be higher than, but parallel to, the steps. :)

If the thing Alan linked to is not suitable, then I for one have no idea what you are after. 

So post some links to the sort of thing you want with bad reviews, and then there is a chance we might be able to help you with a suitable alternative.

Bizzard just beat me to it. Lots like this on eBay. The one illustrated costs £39.99. Importantly, it has a top handrail, more useful than a side ditto (though both is a bonus). As long as you weigh less than 150 kilograms you should be fine.

step.jpg

Edited by Athy

34 minutes ago, David Mack said:

If the thing Alan linked to is not suitable, then I for one have no idea what you are after. 

So post some links to the sort of thing you want with bad reviews, and then there is a chance we might be able to help you with a suitable alternative.

https://www.toolstation.com/youngman-high-handrail-step-ladder/p77613

Must be suitable for old ladies to reach narrowboat dekheads [or perhaps d#ckheads, lol., ty

43 minutes ago, Yellowback said:

I know several old women who would think like you, put a post in "Boat Building & Maintenance " for something that sounds suitable for using on a boat, and expect responders to know it's for home decoration.

You're a naughty boy!

Edited by LadyG

41 minutes ago, Athy said:

Bizzard just beat me to it. Lots like this on eBay. The one illustrated costs £39.99. Importantly, it has a top handrail, more useful than a side ditto (though both is a bonus). As long as you weigh less than 150 kilograms you should be fine.

step.jpg

Athy!

Personally, I think ladies over 150Kgs would do well to avoid painting their deckheads :).

Also, it's a long time since I braved the world in such skimpy shorts!

I don't suppose you know how to cut and paste a link [no I m pretty sure you don't :)]

Edited by LadyG

10 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Athy!

Personally, I think ladies over 150Kgs would do well to avoid painting their deckheads :).

Also, it's a long time since I braved the world in such skimpy shorts!

Maybe I misunderstand you but don't her strides go down to her ankles?

1 minute ago, howardang said:

I think if you look more closely you will see that she is wearing trousers! I hear that Specsavers are very good!?

Howard

Really?

I always wear as little as decently possibly when decorating, I thought everybody did!

Any ways, I like the one's Bizzard pointed out, not sure if two step are tall enough, there are very few three step steps.

I've got a pair of the steps in question (or something very very similar. I didn't get the woman to go with them :giggles:

The only negative is that they're steel and fairly heavy. Strong and stable they are ideal for we 'larger' people.

Frank

7 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Unlike Theresa May's government, which seems to have turned out to be "weak and stable:giggles:

Or, shutting the stable door ……………………..

Did you hear about the man who was hospitalized with six plastic horses inside him?

The doctor described his condition as stable.