Polishing brass

Featured Posts

28 minutes ago, Brian422 said:

Clean but not polish ... there are better things to do than repeat the same operation only knowing  you'll have to do it again and again and again ....

No breakfast this morning then...? ;)

10 hours ago, nbfiresprite said:

It's not a laptop but a teletype

I did briefly use one of those till it was replaced with a "VDU". You had to push the keys really hard but they did make a very satisfying clunk, or possibly a very unsatisfying clunk. The keyboards on the very first IBM PCs were good too.

Have also used paper tape, punched cards and and a magnetic drum, I must be soooo old.

I recently got myself a "surface go" as a spare laptop, things have moved on, only trouble is I can't find a Fortran compiler for it :)..

...............Dave

4 minutes ago, dmr said:

I recently got myself a "surface go" as a spare laptop, things have moved on, only trouble is I can't find a Fortran compiler for it :)..

I think I might have one of those under the floor in my boat, being used as ballast. 

I'll have a look later....

For tarnished brass or copper try Bar Keepers Friend Power Cream. Polishing up with a finer polish will add shine as required.

Greased Lightening Showroom Shine is good on lightly tarnished copper and adds wax protection. Good on paintwork too.